If you are not an early riser then having a proper morning meal poses a problem. A cheese wrap in that case, is perfect to grab a quick bite on the go. It makes a healthy and filling brunch dish. The cheese warp recipe that we are giving today uses chicken sausage as the filling. This brunch recipe also makes use of carmelized onions and any vegetables that you may like to add.
The main element of this wrap recipe is the cheese. You get a lot of energy to take you through the day from cheese. This cheese wrap is made using Parmesan cheese but you can use your own favourite if you wish to. You can either prepare the roties fresh or use the roties leftover from the day before.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Chicken sausage- 2 (50 grams)
- Onion- 1 (sliced)
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Rotis- 2
- Parmesan cheese- 2 cubes
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Pepper- 1/2tsp
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Salt- as per taste
1. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. When it steams, add the sausages to it and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
2. Turn the sausages around so that all the sides cook evenly.
3. Remove the sausages and keep aside. Add sugar to the pan and let it burn.
4. Now add the onions and green chillies. Saute them for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
5. The onions will acquire a nice brown colour and a delicious aroma.
6. Divide the onions in half and spread them on the two rotis.
7. Place fried sausage each on the two roties. Add some tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
8. Now add the grated cheese and wrap it up.
You can eat this cheese wrap with chicken sausages even while you are traveling.