- Technology Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design Announced With 5G Support For 2095 Euros
- Movies Soha Ali Khan Says Parenthood Has Changed Her Habits; Wants Inaaya To Learn By Example
- Sports Sri Lanka to go ahead with Pakistan tour despite terror fears
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
There are plenty of mutton recipes in India. Be it Kashmiri recipes or Hyderabadi or the royal Awadhi, mutton can be prepared into some of the most succulent dishes with the apt culinary skills. So, today we have a royal Awadhi mutton recipe for you which tastes heavenly and is easy to make.
Mutton Kalia can be prepared without much hassle and tastes amazing. The fennel and kewra water gives this mutton recipe a unique flavour and aroma which makes it all the more appetising.
Check out this special recipe of spicy mutton kalia and give it a try.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Mutton- 1kg
- Onion paste- 4tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Fennel powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Kewra water- 1/2 tsp
- Baby potatoes- 3-4 (peeled)
- Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped)
1. Wash and clean the mutton pieces thoroughly with water.
2. Marinate the pieces with yogurt, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. After that heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and bay leaf to it.
4. As it starts to splutter, add in the marinated chicken along with the marinade into the pan. Keep stirring for 10-15 minutes on high flame till the water evaporates completely.
5. Then add the tomato puree and salt. Cook for another 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
6. After that add in the coriander powder and fennel powder into the mutton. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
7. In another pan heat about two tablespoon of oil and fry the baby potatoes in oit with a little salt and turmeric powder. Fry till they turn golden brown.
8. Now add the in the fried baby potatoes to the mutton. Mix well, cover and cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
9. Once done, remove the lid and add garam masala powder and kewra water to it. Mix well.
10. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Mutton kalia is ready to be served. Enjoy this royal and spicy delight with pulao or rotis.