- Technology Head Injuries Have Spiked After Apple Launched Its iPhone: Researchers
- News Odisha OSSTET 2019: Eligibility criteria
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
A standard quiche recipe will take about 1 hour of baking time and half an hour of preparation time. This easy Christmas recipe is not Indian in origin as little of India cuisine is baked. However, the bakeries in Goa turns out some authentic mouth watering quiches. Although it is not technically correct to call Chicken quiche a Goan recipe, that is closet you get; call it the Portuguese influence on Goan cuisine.
Ingredients For Chicken Quiche:
1. Butter 50 grams
2. Flour 4 cups
3. Parmesan cheese (grated) 1 cup
4. Ground pepper 1 tablespoon
5. Oregano 1 teaspoon (optional)
6. Cold water (for mixing batter)
7. Boiled chicken (boneless) 100 grams
8. Mushrooms 4-5 (diced)
9. Baby onions 4 (cubed)
10. Ground pepper 1 tablespoon
11. Eggs 2 (whipped)
12. Fresh cream ' cup
13. Cheddar cheese (grated) 2 cubes
14. Slat as per taste
Procedure For Making Chicken Quiche:
- Mix flour with pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Add cold solid butter (not molten or heated) and mix it by hand to make a smooth mixture with water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with left over butter and set the batter in it leaving a hollow in the middle.
- This is the crust of the quiche; bake it for 5 minutes and set it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile boil chicken with baby onions and drain it. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a shallow pan.
- Flavour it with pepper and salt and then saute the chicken with onions and mushrooms together. It just be stir fried for not more than 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Pour this filing in the cooled crust. Now beat eggs with cream and salt separately and pour it over the filling.
- Grate cheese over this and bake for 50 minutes in a over preheated to 350 degrees. Give it 20 minutes of standing time.
Slice and serve Chicken quiche while it is still warm with bread and sausages.