- News This Karnataka village is still untouched by India Covid sweep
- Sports Tales of Rainy Day: Of Sridhar's 'Coke Joke', table tennis and darts on opening day of WTC Final
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Movies Pandya Store Fame Akshay Kharodia Shares Pictures From His Haldi Ceremony On His Social Media
- Automobiles Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Color Variants Confirmed; Features, Availability, And More
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Spicy beef curry is an authentic dish from Kerala. If you are a non-vegetarian and have been to 'God's Own Country', then you must have tried this delicious dish. Kerala has a lot of street shops called 'thattukadas', and the recipe of this spicy beef originates from there.
This Indian dish will set you drooling when it is served on your plate. The recipe for spicy beef curry is simple. We assure you that you do not have to spend too much time in the kitchen for preparing this dish.
Spicy beef curry in Kerala style is also called 'nadan beef curry' in Kerala. It is fiery and the perfect meal for your lunch or dinner today. The flavour of spices is trapped inside the tawa while cooking, and it blends with the meat perfectly. The spices and onions that are added for cooking this dish are sauted well, and the aroma lingers in the air when it is cooked.
Read on to know how to cook the spicy beef curry in Kerala style.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
All You Need
Beef- ½ kg (chopped and boiled)
Onions- 3 (chopped)
Green chillies- 3-4 (slit into two)
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Garlic- 3-4 pods
Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Pepper powder- 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds- ½ tbsp
Cloves- 2 nos.
Cardamon- 2 nos.
1. Heat a pan. Once it is heated, add onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute the mixture till the onions turn golden brown.
2. In the meantime, take a mixer and grind all the ingredients listed under 'for masala'. Grind the mixture till it becomes a paste.
3. Add the mixture into the pan along with the cooked beef. Add garam masala powder and saute it.
4. Add a little water and salt to the mixture in the pan.
5. Cook the mixture till the gravy becomes thick. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
The spicy beef curry in Kerala style is served best with tapioca, rotis, rice or ghee rice.
- Red meat is high in calorie content and it is definitely not a great suggestion for a health-conscious person. But there is no harm in eating red meat once in a while. Red meat is said to have a high iron content and they are also rich in Vitamin A.
- Are you going through depression or having a bad day? Onions can help. They are rich in folate which is said to help in reducing depression. Try not to miss the onions in your spicy beef curry in Kerala style.
- Do you want to make this dish tastier? Keep it in the refrigerator and have the spicy beef curry in Kerala style the next day. This dish becomes tastier when the masala is set to blend with the meat for a long time.
- When you saute the onions, you can make them turn golden brown faster by adding a pinch of salt to it.
- If you want the dish to be cooked faster, cook the spicy beef curry in Kerala style in a pressure cooker.
- Garnish the Kerala style spicy beef curry with green chillies for best results.