- 13 min ago Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy, Belly Fat And Respiratory Ailments
- 43 min ago On 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq, Kareena Kapoor’s Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film
- 1 hr ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- 2 hrs ago Instagram Hair Expert, Olivia Smalley Has The Perfect Hacks To Add Instant Volume To Thin Hair
- Technology LG Rollable Smartphone Coming Soon; Competition For Foldables?
- Movies From Nach Baliye To Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Late Choreographer Saroj Khan Judged These Reality Shows
- Finance Rupee Closes At Its Highest Level In 3 Months; Nears 74.50 Per US Dollar
- News Scheduled international flights suspended till July 31, some on selected routes may be allowed
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Sports Don't compare me to Virat Kohli, but compare me to Pakistan legends: Babar Azam
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Spicy beef curry is an authentic dish from Kerala. If you are a non-vegetarian and have been to 'God's Own Country', then you must have tried this delicious dish. Kerala has a lot of street shops called 'thattukadas', and the recipe of this spicy beef originates from there.
This Indian dish will set you drooling when it is served on your plate. The recipe for spicy beef curry is simple. We assure you that you do not have to spend too much time in the kitchen for preparing this dish.
Spicy beef curry in Kerala style is also called 'nadan beef curry' in Kerala. It is fiery and the perfect meal for your lunch or dinner today. The flavour of spices is trapped inside the tawa while cooking, and it blends with the meat perfectly. The spices and onions that are added for cooking this dish are sauted well, and the aroma lingers in the air when it is cooked.
Read on to know how to cook the spicy beef curry in Kerala style.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
All You Need
Beef- ½ kg (chopped and boiled)
Onions- 3 (chopped)
Green chillies- 3-4 (slit into two)
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Garlic- 3-4 pods
Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Pepper powder- 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds- ½ tbsp
Cloves- 2 nos.
Cardamon- 2 nos.
1. Heat a pan. Once it is heated, add onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute the mixture till the onions turn golden brown.
2. In the meantime, take a mixer and grind all the ingredients listed under 'for masala'. Grind the mixture till it becomes a paste.
3. Add the mixture into the pan along with the cooked beef. Add garam masala powder and saute it.
4. Add a little water and salt to the mixture in the pan.
5. Cook the mixture till the gravy becomes thick. It will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
The spicy beef curry in Kerala style is served best with tapioca, rotis, rice or ghee rice.
- Red meat is high in calorie content and it is definitely not a great suggestion for a health-conscious person. But there is no harm in eating red meat once in a while. Red meat is said to have a high iron content and they are also rich in Vitamin A.
- Do you want to make this dish tastier? Keep it in the refrigerator and have the spicy beef curry in Kerala style the next day. This dish becomes tastier when the masala is set to blend with the meat for a long time.