- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 03 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago 'AmTrue,' A Safe Menstrual Cup For Women, Was Awarded The International Glory Awards 2022
- 10 hrs ago New Treatment For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Could Provide Lasting Relief Without Surgery
- 11 hrs ago Here Are Some Tips To Help You Achieve Natural-Looking And Fuller Eyebrows
- Sports Pakistan will pull out of Asia Cup if tournament shifts due to India objection: Ramiz Raja
- Education JELET, JENPAS, JECA, JEMAS 2023 Schedule Notified at wbjeeb.nic.in, Check Tentative Schedule Here
- Finance Top 7 Govt-Owned Stocks That Hit Their New 52-Week High
- Movies Hit 2 Day 1 Box Office Collection: Adivi Sesh's HITverse Crime Thriller Begins On A Grand Note!
- News KCR's daughter Kavitha gets CBI summons in Delhi liquor scam
- Travel 7 Insane but True Things About Travel You Never Realized
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Sales Report November 2022 - Sales Up By 14.26%
- Technology Redmi 11A Could Soon Replace The Redmi 10A; Spotted On IMDA, TENAA
The Ganesh Chaturthi and festival is here on August 31 and we are sure everyone is prepping for welcoming the elephant god in their homes or pandals. The special traditions encourage us to wear ethnic clothes and there is nothing like flaunting your tradition via chosen ensembles!
The Ganesh festival, though popular throughout India, is primarily celebrated in Maharashtra and neighbouring states. So why not look like a quintessential Maharashtrian mulgi (girl) this Ganesh Chaturthi? This exclusive video by Boldsky will guide you on how to create a Marathi mulgi to look your traditional best on the festival to welcome Bappa home!
We have decoded the step-by-step guide on how to apply Maharashtrian makeup and drape a saree Maharashtrian style for the festival.
Read on or watch video here!
About Maharashtrian Culture and The Traditional Look
Maharashtra is one of the biggest states of India and has a rich culture, history, and traditions attached to it. Ganeshotsav is considered to be the biggest cultural festival that's celebrated in Maharashtra and other states of India. From Modaks, and Aarti, to welcoming Bappa in a Quintessential nauvari (nine yards saree); If you got to celebrate the Ganesh festival the Maharashtrian way!
Here are 5 tips to get the Maharashtrian Mulgi Look:
1. Nauvari Saree - The Nauvari or nine yards saree is the traditional outfit for Maharashtrian women. These beautiful sarees have a typical golden zari border and butta work all over! The saree drape is different, takes precision to wear it, but provides a graceful appeal!
2. Maharashtrian Jewellery - Traditional Maharashtrian jewellery includes Thushi (gold choker necklace), Nath (nose ring), Bugdi (ear piercing), kudi (stud earrings), Kolhapuri Saaj (Long golden haar), Kamarbadh (waist best) and anklets.
3. Makeup - The traditional Maharashtrian look is very simple and graceful. You can go for a natural makeup look. Also, a simple hair bun with flowers or gajra is a must!
4. Accessories - The Nauvari saree is often accentuated with a shela (zari work stole) and potli bag.
5. Footwear - Kolhapuri chappals or flat sandals (with traditional embroidery detail) look fab to complete the Maharashtrian mulgi look!
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
In Picture: Saie Tamhankar.
- make up tipsBest Way To Remove Acrylic Nails Without Damaging Them
- hair careNayanthara's Go-To Beauty Ingredient Is Coconut Oil: 2 Ways To Use It For Your Oily Hair And Skin
- skin careHouse Of The Dragon Actress Olivia Cooke's Skincare Routine
- skin careHailey Bieber's Beauty Routine For Dry, Sensitive Skin
- make up tipsAnanya Panday To Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, 8 Diwali Makeup Looks Of Stars Perfect For Your Festive Look
- skin careDeepika Padukone Beauty Tips: 4 Quick Lessons You Can Learn From The Elegant Beauty
- skin careAishwarya Rai Bachchan Skincare Routine: How The Former Miss World Takes Care Of Her Skin; 3 DIY Face Packs
- skin careRekha Birthday Special: 5 Beauty Tips From The Evergreen Beauty You Can Totally Make Use Of!
- hair careDiwali Special: Kriti Sanon To Sara Ali Khan, Easy Festive Hairstyles Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- make up tipsDeepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, Easy Festive Makeup Guide From Bollywood Babes
- make up tipsAmazon Great Indian Festival: 60% Off On Foundation From Maybelline, Lakme, L'Oreal And More
- hair careDeepika Padukone Haircare Tips: Simple Coconut Oil Massage Is THE Solution For Dry, Weak Hair