- 1 hr ago How To Prepare Ratatouille With Grilled Cottage Cheese Steak Recipe
- 1 hr ago 7 Reasons Why You Have Excessive Belly Fat!
- 3 hrs ago Christmas 2022: How To Prepare Power-packed Mung Bean & Tofu Salad Recipe
- 8 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 04 December To 10 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports UFC Orlando 2022 results and recap: Stephen Thompson earns career-defining win over Kevin Holland
- Finance EPF Account- How to Merge two EPF Account Online?
- Movies Bride To Be Hansika Motwani Looks Like A Dream In White Sharara For Her Haldi; PIC
- Education DU PG Admission 2022: Registration against the first merit list will be closed tomorrow
- News 'Trust my friend PM Modi', says French President Macron as India takes over G20 Presidency
- Automobiles 2023 BMW S 1000 RR Showcased At IBW 2022 – Launch On December 10
- Technology Oppo Find N2 Flip Digital Render Surfaces After A Leaked Video
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
The MET Gala is always a celebration and confluence of fashion and luxury. In the past few years, it has however become a way for internet memes and jokes, but it is more than that. The celebrities who attend the MET Gala, not only make a statement with their attires, but also throw caution to the wind and wear what they feel like.
The fashion and makeup at MET Gala, as always was larger than life and always over-the-top. A reminder of the times we live in. Some of our well-known celebrities have taken a stand and made strong political and social statements with their distinctive costumes they wore at the Gala. While, the MET Gala was cancelled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year it returned with its extravaganza. All the elites of the fashion and the entertainment industry made it to the red carpet with their amazing makeup, hairdos, and clothes. MET Gala follows a certain theme every year and this year it was - In America: A Lexicon of Fashion. Whilst, a lot has been said about the costumes, we feel the hairstyles and makeup require a special mention too. We have rounded up some of the most awe-inspiring and avant-garde looks from the MET Gala 2021.
1) Kendall Jenner
Audrey Hepburn was the inspiration behind Kendall Jenner's look for the MET Gala. Her look and makeup was subtle, classy, and effortless. Her hair had a middle parting with a slightly mussed look.
2) Gigi Hadid
American model Gigi Hadid, also BFFs with Kendal Jenner wore a dangerously high-ponytail and coloured her hair burgundy. Her look reminiscent of the 1950s and '60s Hollywood. Her powder blue eyeshadow and nude lipstick accentuated her look which also seemed to be loosely inspired by Audrey Hepburn.
3) Billie Eilish
Marilyn Monroe was a fashion icon and don't we agree. Well, Billie Eilish seems to have been very much inspired by her and hence she decided to look like her at the MET Gala 2021. Ellish, sported a platinum blonde bob with simple flicks and a natural mauve lip colour with a natural and peachy face makeup.
4) Megan Fox
The hot actress decided to give herself a classic American look for the night of the Gala. She turned up at the MET Gala with the classic American fringe, which was a favourite in the 50s. She also wore the classic blood red lip colour. Her eye-makeup was minimal and shimmery, and we liked how her eyebrows sported a high arch.
5) Naomi Osaka
The tennis star has been winning laurels not just on the tennis court but also on the red carpet. Naomi, attended the MET Gala 2021, with a look that paid a homage to her Japanese-Haitian heritage. Her face makeup was given a monochrome crimson look, while her hair was what had heads turning. She styled her hair in a gravity defying updo with woven plaits and fanned out wings.
6) Maisie Williams
Maisie Williams on her Instagram account has mentioned how her look was inspired by the women in action films and roles. We totally dug her The Matrix inspired look. Her hair was an updo sculpted, her eyebrows bleached and almost non-existent, her lips in a plum shade lipstick and her eyes sporting an emerald green and gold eyeshadow.
7) Barbie Ferreira
Barbie Ferreira debuted on the MET Gala 2021 red-carpet with thin and shaped eyebrows, yet another reminder of the glorious 1920s, when thin eyebrows were a thing. She sported a retro violet eyeshadow colour and her hair was styled with barrel curls along with pearl hair accessories. Her cheeks were given a flushed look and we loved how she totally gave a modern look to the 1920s flapper style.
8) Lupita Nyongy'o
The Oscar-winning actress turned heads at the MET Gala 2021, when she rocked the red carpet in a hairdo that can be best described as art and not just a hairstyle. She matched her denim-inspired dress with a denim blue eyeliner thereby giving us a look of the evergreen American fashion!
Supermodel Iman walked the red carpet with a huge feather headdress that took over 400 hours to be made what with all the gold-plating and embellishing. We loved how her gold and white dress was complimented with a smokey eye makeup.
10) Anna Wintour
Who can ignore Anna Wintour when it comes to beauty and fashion? The Editor-in-Chief of Vogue magazine, attended the MET Gala 2021 sporting her usual short and sleek bob and rose nude lip colour.
So, whose beauty look did you like the most at MET Gala 2021? Let us know that in the comment section.
- fashionMet Gala 2023 Theme - Karl Lagerfeld; Fashion Charity Event Will Honour Legendary Designer
- fashion trendsMET Gala 2022: The 15 Most Iconic Celeb Outfits From Fashion's Biggest Night In New York
- fashion trendsMet Gala 2022: Natasha Poonawalla In Sabyasachi Mukherjee's Unique Gilded Saree Steals The Show
- fashion trendsMet Gala 2021: Kim Kardashian’s Outfit Has Kanye West Connection; Here’s Also How Kareena Kapoor Reacted
- fashion trendsMet Gala 2021: Naomi Osaka, Billie Eilish And Others Leave Us Speechless With Their Style
- fashion trendsSophie Turner And Joe Jonas’ Major Fashion Moments That Will Make You Go ‘Aww’
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Priyanka Chopra Jonas: Her Major Fashion Moments And Why They Were So Discussed
- bollywood wardrobeKylie Jenner Shares Her Wardrobe Malfunction Experience In Black Gown From Met Gala 2018
- fashion trendsFrom Sanitiser To Burger, Katy Perry’s Costumes Will Certainly Fascinate You
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone’s Met Gala Looks From 2017-19 Decoded, Which One Was The Best?
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra Jonas’ Met Gala Looks From 2017-19, Which One Is Your Favourite?
- fashion trendsMindy Kaling’s #MetGalaChallenge Look Is Enhanced By Lights And Will Totally Win Over Jared Leto