- 1 hr ago Lingashtakam: Know About Importance, Benefits, And Restrictions
- 5 hrs ago Is There A Substitute For Baby Diapers? Safe And Eco-friendly Alternatives To Diapers
- 6 hrs ago Makeup Tips: How To Get The Perfect Makeup Base?
- 7 hrs ago Sensory Play For Kids: What Is It? Why Is It Necessary? And How To Implement It
- News The importance of HAL’s Helicopter Factory in Tumakuru which will be dedicated to nation by PM on Feb 6
- Sports LaLiga: Barcelona vs Sevilla Live stream in India, Live telecast, schedule, predicted line up
- Movies Sidharth-Kiara Wedding: Courtyard Sangeet, Lunch, Reception Venue & A Late Honeymoon In The Cards
- Education CUET UG 2023 Registration Soon; Check Details Here
- Travel Top 5 Must visit places in Ottawa, Canada
- Automobiles Kia India Sells 6.50 Lakh Units Under 4 Years – Automaker Currently Retails 5 Models In The Country
- Finance 3 Stocks With Low P/E, Solid Fundamentals & Robust Dividend Yields
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T vs Oppo Reno 8: Design, Display, Battery Compared
First things first, Karva Chauth is the most fashionable fast in Bollywood. Several films have made use of this festival where women fast for their husbands and break their fast after looking at the moon to create dramatic tear jerking scenes in movies.
However, even in real life Bollywood celebrities observe Karva Chauth. Outside the reel, Karva Chauth celebrations are not quite as dramatic but Bollywood's ethnic style statement comes to live during this festival.
This is mainly a north India festival and thus certain Bollywood clans such as the Kapoors, the Bachchans celebrate it very religiously. Apart from being a religious ceremony, it is also a day when a married woman is supposed to do 'Solah Sringar' or be decked up to core. That is why; we get the opportunity to dissect the style statements of celebrities during Karva Chauth festivities.
This year, let's go to the Bachchan household first. The ladies here were dressed by their favourite designer. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was in Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla as was her sister-in-law Shweta Nanda. The Bachchan bahu was dressed in a pale orange saree that was draped in the Gujarati style with a bead embellished blouse. Shweta was wearing a shocking pink suit with a long kurta and a sheer drape.
At the Kapoor household, Sridevi Kapoor arrived in a Sabyasachi saree. She wore a yellow and green chanderi saree with a bottle green embellished blouse. The long sleeved blouse was perfect, as was the gold and emerald jewellery that she wore.
Shilpa Shetty was also attending the festivities at Anil Kapoor's house. She wore a pale yellow saree that was embellished with gota and golden embroidery. This saree was draped over a sleeveless silk blouse with a square neck. We don't quite like the overdose of jewellery. She could have skipped the long necklace.
All the celebrities on Karva Chauth looked stunning as they were dressed in their traditional best. It is surprising how much difference the 'sindoor' can make almost immediately to an Indian woman's face.
- insyncWhy Do Chinese Celebrate New Year For Straight 15 Days?
- insyncHow The New Year Is Celebrated
- insyncNew Year's Eve 2023: Celebrations, History And Significance
- festivalsDiwali 2022: Deepawali In South India; Know Special Days, Rituals, Traditions and Celebrations
- zodiac signsKargil Vijay Diwas 2022: Zodiac Signs That Are Best Suited To Join Defence Services
- relationshipNational Parents' Day 2022: Date, Significance And Why It Is Celebrated
- pulseFlag Adoption Day 2022: Date, History, Origin, Significance and Facts about The Indian Tricolour
- pulseNational Dog Day 2021: History And How To Celebrate This Day
- lifeHow Dad Wants To Enjoy His Father's Day, According To Astrology
- lifeHave You Done All Of These Things For Diwali?
- festivalsOnam: Here's How The Grand Celebrations at Thrikkakara Vamana Temple Look Like!
- festivalsThe Spiritual Meaning Of Vishu Celebrations