- 1 hr ago Managing Diabetes To Reducing Weight, Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Jicama
- 1 hr ago Yuru Kabgyat Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago What Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago 5 Things To Keep In Mind While Designing Your Kids' Bedroom
- News IndiGo posts Rs 1,681 cr loss in Q4, revenue rises 28.9 percent
- Sports Champions League Final, Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Midfield battle holds key, says Mark Seagraves
- Movies Here’s Why Donal Bisht Is Away From TV Shows
- Travel The Most Beautiful Monsoon Places In India
- Technology Redmi Note 11T Pro Series India Launch Details Out; To Arrive As Redmi k50i Series
- Education Assam HSLC Result 2022: Check SEBA Class 10 HSLC Result Date, Steps To Download And Other Details
- Automobiles Helmet Mandatory For Pillion Riders In Mumbai - Rs 500 Fine, 3 Month DL Suspension For Offenders
- Finance Emkay Global Recommends Buying This Fashion & Retail Stock For Over 40% Returns
With the weather changing faster than the weekend ending, your skincare routine may have been struggling. Although the summer evenings may turn into an almost monsoon evening, you shouldn't be confused about which skin care product to use and what not to use.
Skincare experts have pointed out that while the weather may do a 360, your skincare routine doesn't have to. You can and should continue using your weather-specific routine if you have any, that is, summer care for summer and winter care for winter.
So, what really should be there in your summer skincare kit? Let's take a look. These 5 summer skincare essentials are a must!
5 Summer Skincare Essentials
It goes without saying that sunscreen is the most important in your skincare essentials for summer. Exposure to sunlight and UV light causes fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation on the skin. The best way to protect your skin is to wear sunscreen. In addition, UV light exposure does cause collagen production to decrease, so wearing sunscreen daily is imperative to keep the skin firm and taut.
Apply sunscreen every morning (before leaving the house), re-apply whenever necessary and wash it off at night. Select something with good UVA/UVB coverage and aim for SPF 20+.
2. Light Moisturisers
Choose a formula that includes glycerine and hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin and niacinamide to help even out the skin tone. In addition, experts recommend using a formula free of oils and silicones to prevent pore-clogging and feel light on the skin in the harsh heat. Even during the summer, it's important to moisturise, but opting for a lighter texture might keep our complexions happier.
As the summer months approach, it becomes even more important to thoroughly remove all of that extra SPF with a cleanser.
In the summer, it is even more important to properly cleanse your skin before bed, as a build-up of makeup, sunscreen, and daily grime can clog your pores overnight. Opt for a cream or balm formulation and remove it with a dampened muslin cloth to gently remove dead skin cells as you cleanse.
For summer, it's smart to include an antioxidant in your routine. The antioxidants reduce the oxidative stress caused by UV damage, and they work in conjunction with your SPF to provide comprehensive protection.
In a nutshell, antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals, often caused by UV exposure, pollution, or other external aggressors. Vitamin C is one of the most popular antioxidants, followed by niacinamide (also known as vitamin B3), vitamin A (or retinol), and vitamin E.
Summer skincare routines should still include exfoliation, say, skincare experts. If you want to look your best, exfoliate during the summer. The removal of dirt, debris, and environmental pollutants from being outdoors can help prevent breakouts by replacing dead cells with young ones.
While summer is a great time to use both strong antioxidants like retinol and acid exfoliators, some extra care must be taken.
Note: The only thing you need to remember is to apply sunscreen properly, as you are essentially thinning out your skin's epidermis.
- men fashion8 Tips To Make A Patchy Beard Look Fuller
- skin care8 Tomato Masks For Minor Skin Conditions Like Dryness, Dullness, Acne Etc.
- skin care6 Simple Ways To Use Tomato For Healthy, Glowing Skin
- skin careHumidity Messing Up Your Skin? Here Are Some Tips
- body care5 Beauty Practices That Can Actually Make You Feel Relaxed And At Peace!
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- skin careSummer Skin Care Guide For Men: 15 Tips Every Man Should Follow
- skin careHow To Set Up A Grooming Kit For Men: 9 Basic Things You'll Need
- skin careWhat Is Slugging: The New Korean Beauty Trend Taking Over Social Media; Is It Good For Oily Skin?
- skin careWhat Really Is Beauty Sleep? Does It Have Any Benefits For Your Skin?
- skin careHoli 2022: How To Remove Holi Colour From Face, Nails, Hands And Hair
- skin careCan't Stop Touching Your Face? 7 Tips To Stop Picking Your Face