- 4 hrs ago Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: How To Support Children With ADHD
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 26 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Meditation Diet That Helps You To Meditate Better
- 16 hrs ago Meditation: 14 Practical Tips That Help You To Meditate Effectively
- Sports India Vs New Zealand 1st T20I: Dream11 Team, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Movies Sharwanand's Engagement Pictures With Rakshita Reddy Go Viral On The Internet; See Them Here
- News In a first, Indian field guns used for 21-Gun Salute on Republic Day 2023 | Watch
- Travel India’s First Cinema Hall In A Metro Station: Do You Know Where It Is?
- Technology Here’s Why You Should Skip Apple's Latest M2 Pro Macbook Pro
- Education Best History Books for UGC NET Exam Preparation 2023
- Finance 'Goldman Sachs' Signals Partial Retreat From Consumer Banking
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV400 Bookings Commence – Check Out All Details
A growing number of fermented foods are being used in skincare. These include yoghurt, wine, and kimchi - and essentially, the latest skincare trend to join the bandwagon is - fermented skincare!
Fermented skincare refers to formulations that contain fermented natural ingredients such as fruits, herbs, and other plant matter, which are transformed into prebiotics, which feed the probiotic bacteria on the surface of the skin.
Check out this article to learn more about fermented skincare and who can benefit from it.
What Is Fermented Skincare?
Fermented skincare uses micro-organisms such as yeast or bacteria to break down ingredients into smaller molecules or sizes that are more easily absorbed .
The ingredients in fermented skin care come from nature, but not all of them are plants.
How Does Fermentation Benefit The Skin?
In addition to the balancing of the microbiome that results from fermentation, there are several other benefits as well, including the creation of new ingredients, the increase in potency, the greater penetration of ingredients into the skin, and the increase in preservation of skincare products.
This can be beneficial to the skin microbiome as fermentation results in probiotics in the form of peptides, acids, and enzymes that can support the skin barrier and reduce the potential for skin inflammation and sensitivity .
The Benefits Of Fermented Skincare:
- It is believed that fermented formulas feed and nourish our skin microbiome, leading to healthier skin.
- The fermentation process is used as a natural alternative to chemical synthesis in the creation of state-of-the-art active ingredients, thereby making it suitable for sensitive skin types.
- A fermentation skincare product does not only strengthen the barrier, but it also minimises irritation, nourishes the deep layers, supports collagen synthesis, reduces inflammation, and fights free radicals and sun damage .
- The use of fermented skincare is suitable for all skin types.
- In addition to increasing the potency of other products, fermented skincare increases their effectiveness.
Fermented Skincare For People With Sensitive Skin
For acne sufferers, fermented skin care can be beneficial since it reduces the risk of irritation and sensitivity caused by some acne-fighting ingredients. For anyone with acne-prone skin, it is crucial that whatever product they are using is non-comedogenic or oil-free .
On A Final Note...
Although fermented skin care has been a growing trend for the last few years, there is still very little specific research on it. The claims of fermented skincare need more robust scientific studies and research in order to prove their effectiveness.
It is always recommended to patch-test fermented products to be absolutely sure. Using a small amount of the product, apply to the inside of your elbow or on your neck and check on it one day later. If there is no irritation or itching, you are probably fine.
- skin careGrooming Tips For Men With Oily Skin
- skin careRetinoids In Skincare Routine: Things You Need To Know
- skin careTaylor Swift Skincare Tips: Tay Tay’s Simple Beauty Routine Revealed
- skin careFour Mistakes To Avoid If You Have Acne-Prone Oily Skin
- skin careHumidity Messing Up Your Skin? Here Are Some Tips
- skin carePost-Wedding Skincare For Bride, Groom And The Wedding Party
- skin careTreat Acne On Jawline With These Tips
- body careWhat To Do When See Pigmentation Spots On Your Body
- skin careThe Reasons You Keep Getting Pimples On Eyebrows
- skin careMorning Habits That’ll Give You Glowing Skin
- skin care7 Skin Care Milestones To Conquer Before Turning 40
- skin care5 Ways To Protect Your Skin From The Sun