- 42 min ago Daily Horoscope: 19 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 13 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 13 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- Technology Huawei P Smart 2019 Starts Receiving Android 10-Based EMUI Firmware Update
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Soft, glowing and flawless skin is something that we all desire. And we go to extreme extents to achieve it. Our skin is exposed to so many things that it becomes difficult to protect it from damage. So, it needs to be properly taken care of. And most of us think that only the expensive products available in the market will help us do that. But you will be happy to know that you don't have to look further than your kitchen cabinets to get the skin that we all desire. In an exclusive interview with Boldsky, fashion guru Prasad Bidapa revealed his secret to glowing and flawless skin. Mr. Prasad recently attended the K BeautyCon 2019 held at one the prestigeous malls in Bangaluru, Pheonix Marketcity where we had the chance to had a chat with him.
And the secret to the skin of your dreams is rice powder. "Rice powder makes the best body scrub. And the finer rice powder makes a very good facial scrub", said Prasad. Rice powder is an ingredient that can do wonders for your skin and Prasad believes that before we move to those fancy products available in the market, one should give the ingredient that we have with us a go. "The Japanese discovered that rice is something that keeps your skin young", added Prasad talking about how the discovery of rice powder being a magical ingredient for skin goes way back to Japan. Adding to that, he further said, "Leave waterline rice on your face for a little while and then wash it off with water before it gets dry". He said it is said to make your skin very young and that is what he has observed through the years.
Well, it was a great insight and we are delighted to know this secret. Taking a cue from him, let's look at the benefits of rice powder for our skin and some amazing ways to use rice powder to help nourish your skin.
Benefits Of Rice Powder For Skin
Rice powder is an ingredient packed with antioxidant properties. These help to fight the free radical damage and keep your skin refreshed, rejuvenated and youthful. Rice powder also helps to boost skin hydration and helps to make your skin soft and smooth. Rice powder, when used topically as a face mask, gently exfoliates your skin and leaves you with plump and glowing skin.
Here are some of the benefits of rice powder for skin.
- It protects the skin from sun damage.
- It keeps the skin hydrated.
- It helps to brighten the skin.
- It exfoliates the skin.
- It prevents premature ageing of the skin.
Well, now that you know of the amazing benefits of rice powder, we hope you'll give this a try. And if you do, share your experience with us in the comment section below.
-  Manosroi, A., Chutoprapat, R., Sato, Y., Miyamoto, K., Hsueh, K., Abe, M., ... & Manosroi, J. (2011). Antioxidant activities and skin hydration effects of rice bran bioactive compounds entrapped in niosomes.Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology,11(3), 2269-2277.