- 1 hr ago A Slow Steady Step Towards Green Economy: This Indian State Leads Denmark And Sweden In Wind Energy
- 1 hr ago Agni Veerabhadra Swami Temple: This Madurai Temple Addresses Marriage, Land Related Problems
- 2 hrs ago How Is Yoga Defined In Hinduism? Know The Meaning And Purpose
- 2 hrs ago Goddess Pratyangira: A Deity Who Is Worshipped To Remove The Fear Of Enemies
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Ayesha Continues To Speak Malayalam Inside The House; Fans Insist Kamal Haasan Interfere
- Sports IBA Youth Men's and Women's World Boxing Championships 2022: India trio bags Gold, two settled with Silvers
- News CIC finds flaw in SC order on renumeration to imams: Calls it is anti-Constitution
- Technology SpaceX Launching New Cargo Dragon Capsule to ISS: When and Where to Watch?
- Finance Geojit Bets Bets On This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Buy For Rs 3,860 Target Price
- Education IGNOU December-2022, Term End Exam Hall Ticket OUT at ignou.ac.in, Get Direct Link Here
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp Hikes Prices Of Its Two-Wheelers - Fourth Price Hike In 2022
- Travel Most Beautiful Flyovers in India
Have you noticed your elbows getting dry and looking ashy? There are several possible explanations if your elbows do not feel as smooth as they once did.
Cool, dry weather can make your skin dry as it pulls the moisture out of the air and your skin. It's also possible to get dry elbows from soaps, perfumes, lotions, hot baths and showers.
No matter the cause, moisturising your elbows is the most effective solution to this problem (if you have any underlying health conditions, please consult a doctor. If the dryness is causing your skin to break, please go to a dermatologist) .
At the same time, you must look for specific ingredients that can easily get rid of dry, ashy elbows. And, to make it easier for you guys, we have listed the five ingredients to look for when buying the right moisturiser for dry skin.
Dry, Ashy Elbows: Five Ingredients To Look For When Buying The Right Moisturiser
It is important to moisturise your skin after every shower or bath. You should also apply lotion to your elbows when exposed to water or when the temperature changes dramatically.
Typically, the skin on your knees and elbows is thicker and does not produce as much oil as the rest of your skin, resulting in dryness. You can soften your skin by using a body scrub to remove dead skin cells, followed by a moisturiser that provides deep moisture .
Let's move on to the ingredients. If you suffer from dry and ashy elbows, ensure that your moisturiser or lotion contains the following ingredients:
Ingredient 1: Olive oil
Ingredient 2: Coconut oil
Ingredient 3: Cocoa butter
Ingredient 4: Shea butter
Ingredient 5: Petroleum jelly
Let's check out why these five ingredients are important in treating dry elbows.
1. Olive oil
The use of olive oil as a skin moisturiser is particularly beneficial when applied to wet skin when the pores are open, and it can act as a second skin barrier to prevent dry, cracked skin in the winter. You can use olive oil directly, but that may lead to stickiness from the oil. Hence, a moisturiser containing olive oil is the next best option for dealing with dry, ashy elbows .
2. Coconut oil
In addition to soothing the skin, coconut oil reduces symptoms of dryness and itching associated with eczema. Look for moisturisers that have coconut oil content .
3. Cocoa butter
The main components of cocoa butter, like coconut oil, are fatty acids, which may help form a protective layer on the skin, preventing moisture from escaping and thereby preventing drying .
4. Shea butter
In addition to being an emollient, shea butter contains substances that can also reduce skin swelling. This is useful for treating conditions associated with skin swelling, such as eczema .
5. Petroleum jelly
Besides soothing irritation, petroleum jelly can aid in the healing of the skin and assist in retaining moisture in the skin. Petroleum jelly is an effective moisturiser for dry skin on the body while remaining cost-effective .
In addition to moisturising, weekly exfoliation can prevent elbows from appearing ashy by removing dry skin.
To make your exfoliating moisturiser at home instead of purchasing lotions or creams, follow these steps:
- Add 1/3 cup of olive oil to 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Rub the mixture on the affected elbow or elbows to remove dead skin and hydrate the area.
- After scrubbing, rinse the area thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Apply a moisturiser like petroleum jelly to lock in the moisturiser.
- skin careSuper Easy Ways To Get Soft Skin On Elbows
- disorders cureHome Remedies To Treat Tennis Elbow In A Jiffy!
- wellness'Selfie Elbow' Condition Waiting To Afflict Indians: Experts
- disorders cureRemedies to Cure Tennis Elbow at Home
- body care9 Home Remedies To Soften Elbows
- insyncPrestigious Civic Award For Danny Boyle
- pulseWhy Do You Experience Static Shocks In Winter Season?
- body careKourtney Kardashian's DIY Lip Scrub For Dry Lips: Steps To Make It
- wellnessIs Your Weight Increasing In The Winter Months? Reasons For Winter Weight Gain
- bollywood wardrobeDeepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, Your Winter Fashion Guide From B-Town Fashionistas
- body carePriyanka Chopra's DIY Answers For Monsoon And Winter Beauty Problems
- health106 Deaths In Delhi In January Due To Cold, Claims NGO; Officials Deny