- 12 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 14 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- 16 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- 21 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Bollywood Movies To Binge-Watch With Your Dad & Make Him Feel Special!
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Morning skincare routine is an essential part of our life. Just like you charge yourself up every morning, your morning skincare charges up your skin. You might overlook taking care of your skin during the day, but it's not acceptable to overlook it in the morning.
However, if done wrong, this essential skincare routine can harm your skin. There are certain mistakes that we make, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that can defeat the whole purpose of taking care of your skin in the morning.
Keeping in mind how important morning skincare is, we've curated a list of mistakes that you need to avoid. These mistakes might not seem like a big deal, but trust us these are.
Have a look and check how many of these do you make.
1. Skipping Cleansing Your Face? Yikes!
Cleansing the face in the morning is an important step in your skincare routine. Your morning skincare starts with this. But some of us skip this step, especially the ones who do it as a part of their nighttime routine.
But what you need to understand is that whether or not you cleanse your face at night doesn't matter. You need to cleanse it in the morning. This is because the oils and dead skin cells that build up in your skin throughout the night need to be cleaned up. So, don't skip cleansing your face in the morning.
2. Using Hot Water? You Need To Stop It Immediately
Using hot water to cleanse your face and take a bath is a mistake that we all make. You should never use hot water to cleanse your face. It will strip your face off its natural oil and in turn, make your skin oily. And we definitely don't want that. So what you should do instead, is rinse your face with lukewarm water, cleanse it and then finish it off using some cold water.
The lukewarm water will open your pores and allow better cleansing of the face. Cold water will help close your pores and thus protect your skin from dirt and impurities.
3. Not Moisturising Your Whole Body!
We often mistake the skincare routine for taking care of our face. Well, that's not the case. Morning skincare routine includes taking care of your whole body. So when you moisturise, don't just do it on your face. You need to moisturise your whole body.
You can either use the wide range of body lotions available in the market to moisturise your body or natural products such as aloe vera gel to moisturise and nourish your skin.
Do this as soon as you step out of the shower.
4. Skipping Sunscreen? Not A Smart Move
Are you someone who never uses a sunscreen? Well, you need to start using it right away. Sunrays can damage our skin like no other. Protecting your skin from the sun is a must. No matter the weather, you should always protect your skin from the sun. Get a good sunscreen and make it a habit to apply it every morning.
Apply a generous coat of the sunscreen on your face, neck and any exposed area before you step out of your house. You can even provide an extra layer of protection by using a scarf or a hat.
5. Not Washing Your Towel Frequently? That's Not Hygienic
Using a fresh and clean towel to wipe your face is vital. So you need to wash and change your towel every couple of days. Using the same towel for days on end is like giving an open invitation to the dirt and bacteria to harm your skin.
This also can lead to acne and pimples. And we all want to avoid it as much as possible. So, make sure that you wash and change your towel frequently to keep your skin fresh and healthy.
6. Stop Using A Lot Of Antiageing Creams.!
After a certain point, it becomes mandatory to use antiageing creams and we get that. But, what you need to understand is that they have quite a lot of chemicals in them which may harm your skin if overused.
And hence, piling on these antiageing creams will only harm your skin. Most of the antiageing creams work best at night, when left to work their charm overnight. So, avoid using antiageing creams in the morning and definitely don't pile them up.
7. Wrong Choice Of Products. Oops!
Morning, definitely is the time when you use different make-up products to get ready for the day. However, the wrong choice of products can cause you a lot of damage. Using cheap quality products can be very harmful to your skin. You must also be aware of the technique you should use to apply them.
You must also choose the products that are ideal for your skin type. There are tons of products available out there for each and every skin type. Know your skin type and choose your products accordingly.
Be wise when you choose the products and don't go for too many of them. Trust us, when it comes to skincare, less is more.
There you have it! These are the common mistakes we all make. But, now that you know what these are, pay attention and give your skin the love it needs. After all, a happy skin means a happy you!