TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Interaction With TN Students: Rahul Didn’t Violate Poll Code Says EC
- IPL 2019: Chennai Super Kings: Experience, Power, Emotion Drive The Champions
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becomes Fastest Car At BIC
- Apple Introduces AirPods 2 With Wireless Charging Case For Rs 18,900
- Trump Says Tariffs On China To Remain For A 'Substantial Period'
- Has Fame & Success Gone To Vicky Kaushal's Head?
- When A Baby Split Into Two!
- Food Tour In North India
One of the most essential oils when it comes to skin and hair care, rose oil is extracted from the petals of different kinds of roses. Loaded with an array of antioxidants, vitamins and essential nutrients, rose oil possesses astringent, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. It also deeply moisturises and nourishes your skin and hair.
While there are several essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender oil, rosehip oil, lemon oil, and peppermint oil, rose oil is a preferred choice of most women when it comes to skin and hair care.
Listed below are some amazing benefits of rose oil for skin and hair and the ways to include it in your skin and hair care routine.
Benefits Of Rose Oil For Skin & Hair
- It possesses antiseptic properties and treats wounds
- It contains astringent properties
- It treats dark circles, dark spots, and blemishes
- It is an excellent moisturiser
- It evens out skin tone
- It prevents fine lines and wrinkles
- Lightens freckles
- Treats eczema and rosacea
- Fades stretch marks and acne scars
- It works as an under-eye treatment
- It treats acne and pimples
- It promotes hair growth
- It nourishes the scalp
- It improves the quality of your hair and makes it healthy and strong
How To Use Rose Oil For Skin?
You can directly massage your face using rose oil by merely taking some quantity of the oil on your fingertips and rubbing on your face in a circular motion. Also, you can make a homemade night cream using rose oil and apply it on your face every night before you go to bed. It will seep right into your skin and treat you to the goodness of all its benefits.
- 2 tbsp rose oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- A few drops of jojoba oil/tea tree oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
How to do
- In a bowl, add the shea butter and rose oil. Mix both the ingredients well.
- Next, add honey to it and mix well.
- Lastly, add a few drops of either jojoba oil or tea tree oil and whisk all the ingredients together until they form a creamy paste.
- Pour the mixture into an air-tight container and store it in a cool and dry place.
- Apply the cream on your face every night before you go to bed.
How To Use Rose Oil For Hair?
You can simply take some amount of rose oil on your fingertips and massage your scalp thoroughly with it for about 5-10 minutes and leave it at that and wash your hair with a mild shampoo the next morning or you can even make a homemade hair pack using rose oil at home.
Listed below is a simple and quick homemade hair mask recipe using rose oil for smooth, soft, and healthy hair.
- 2 tbsp rose oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
How to do
- In a bowl, mash the banana and add rose oil to it. Whisk both the ingredients together until it forms a smooth paste.
- Next, add the coconut oil and blend everything well.
- Apply the pack on your hair and scalp using a brush.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it stay for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off using warm water.
- Air dry your hair.
- Repeat this hair pack once a week for desired results.