Do you have dark patches on your skin that you wish to get rid of? If so, then do read on, as today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about a natural ingredient that can be used for banishing dark skin patches.
The component we're talking about is sandalwood aka chandan. An age-old remedy for various beauty ailments, sandalwood is a powerhouse of anti-bacterial properties as well as bleaching agents that can lighten dark patches on your skin like no other ingredient can.
Apart from being safe-to-use, this traditional ingredient is easily available and highly effective. From lightening dark patches to treating acne, sandalwood powder can benefit your skin in various ways.
Moreover, there are a number of ways in which you can use this natural powder for removing dark patches from your skin. Here we've listed some of those ways.
Once a week, use sandalwood powder in any of the following ways to remove dark patches from your skin.
Take a look at these ways here:
1.Sandalwood Powder With Milk
- Take a bowl, put ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 1 teaspoon of raw milk in it.
- Stir with a spoon to get a uniform texture.
- Once ready, slather the paste on the affected area and leave it there for 10 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a wet washcloth and follow up by applying a light moisturizer.
2.Sandalwood Powder With Rose Water
- Create a blend of ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- Smear the paste all over the dark patches on your skin.
- Allow it to dry for about 10-15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
3.Sandalwood Powder With Lemon Juice
- Squeeze out 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and mix with ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Wash off after 10-15 minutes and follow up by applying a light moisturizer.
4.Sandalwood Powder With Vitamin E Oil
- Extract oil from a vitamin E capsule and mix it with ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder.
- Take the paste and spread it all over the troubled area.
- Allow it to dry for a few minutes before washing it off with tepid water.
5.Sandalwood Powder With Olive Oil And Cucumber
- Take 1 teaspoon of cucumber extract and mix it with ½ teaspoon of each, sandalwood powder and olive oil.
- Spread the resulting material all over the affected area.
- Allow it to dry for a few minutes prior to washing it off with tepid water.
6.Sandalwood Powder With Almond Oil
- Simply merge ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder with 1 teaspoon of almond oil.
- Smear the paste on the dark patches on your skin and allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Once done, rinse your skin with tepid water.
7.Sandalwood Powder With Orange Juice
- Take a mixing bowl and put ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder and 1 teaspoon of orange juice in it.
- Stir with a spoon to get paste-like consistency.
- Spread it all over the dark patches on your skin.
- Leave it there for 15-20 minutes prior to rinsing it with tepid water.
8.Sandalwood Powder With Aloe Vera Gel
- Scoop out 2 teaspoons of gel from an aloe vera plant and mix it with 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder.
- Evenly spread a thick layer of the resulting material on the affected area.
- After 15 minutes, use lukewarm water to wash off the residue.
- How To Unclog Pores On Face At Home?
- Why Is Diamond Facial Important? Know The Benefits
- Surprising Beauty Benefits Of Salt Water
- Did You Know These Amazing Beauty Secrets Of Chinese Women?
- How To Use Grapefruit Sugar Scrub For Skin Brightening
- Activated Charcoal: The Most Talked-about Beauty Ingredient These Days
- Is Wheat Flour Good For Skin?
- Smelly Feet During Monsoon? Try These Homemade Honey-Lemon Scrub
- Worried Of Dry Skin? This Garlic Treatment Is Really Effective!
- This DIY Mask Will Remove Age Spots Effectively
- Sridevi's Anti-ageing Tips That You Will Fall In Love With!
- Is Ripe Papaya An Instant Remedy For Tanned Skin?