- 1 day ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 day ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Movies Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 First Look: Kartik Aaryan Steps Into Akshay Kumar's Shoes As A Ghostbuster!
- Finance Rupee Opens Tad Lower At 71.17; Bond Yields Rise
- News Maharashtra: 15 dead, 35 injured after bus collides with truck in Dhule
- Technology These Lucrative Amazon Offers On Vivo Smartphones Will Make You Want To Buy One
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
As winter approaches, many of us deal with dry skin problems. While people with normal to combination skin too start using moisturising creams with the onset of winter, those with dry skin should not give it a miss whatsoever.
It is very essential to use a moisturising cream as it promises to keep your skin soft, supple, and hydrated throughout the day. Just one swipe of moisturiser and you are good to go. And, what could be better than making a special homemade moisturiser that promises to keep your skin soft and smooth?
But before we move on to how to make and use a homemade moisturiser, we need to understand what exactly causes dry skin?
What Causes Dry Skin
Dry skin can be caused due to a number of factors, some of which are listed below:
Lack of moisture
The lack of moisture in your skin is one of the main causes of dry skin as it tends to weaken the protective layer of the skin, leaving it dull, lifeless, and prone to skin problems. Using a moisturising cream can act as a layer between your skin and external factors and keep it safe.
Improper skin care routine
Most of us take care of our skin - but in the wrong way. How? We often tend to take long and hot showers which is a complete no-no for our skin. It harms our skin without us even realising it. Another way in which we unknowingly harm our skin is by not using a sunscreen lotion while stepping out in the sun.
Lack of enough water in your body can also cause dry skin. Your mother must have always told you to drink a lot of water. Well, guess what? She was absolutely right. Drinking a lot of water not only helps to improve your skin quality, but it also flushes out toxins from your body.
Genetic factor is another major cause of dry skin. It is a condition called Ichthyosis vulgaris that causes dry skin, and sometimes it can also be in the form of fishlike scales on your skin.
Why Is Hibiscus A Good Choice For Dry Skin
Hibiscus is a preferred choice when it comes to dry skin. It has the tendency to soften your skin and make it smooth and healthy. Prolonged use of hibiscus on skin makes it soft and smooth, while keeping dull and dry skin at bay.
What's more? Hibiscus also possess anti-ageing properties that help to tighten and uplift your skin. It is widely used in a number of moisturising and body creams. It revitalises your skin and improves your skin's elasticity, thus giving it a youthful look.
How To Make Hibiscus Moisturiser For Dry Skin
- 2 tbsp hibiscus tea
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1 Vitamin E capsule/ 1 tbsp Vitamin E powder
- 4-5 drops rosewater
- 1 tbsp honey
How to do
- Grind the hibiscus tea to make powder and set it aside
- Heat the coconut oil in a heat-resistant glass bowl and add the hibiscus tea to it. Stir well.
- Next, add honey and sweet almond oil to the mixture and blend well
- Lastly, open the Vitamin E capsule and add its ingredients to the mixture. Blend all the ingredients well using a spoon.
- Use a cheesecloth and strain the oil while separating it from the tea.
- Now, let the oil cool down for a few minutes
- Once it is cooled down, you can whip it in a mixer for a minute or two.
- Transfer it to an air-tight container for future use.
- You can use this moisturiser everyday for desired results.