- 24 hrs ago How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- 1 day ago Intensive Blood Pressure Management At 50 Likely To Preserve Brain Health
- 1 day ago Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- 1 day ago Real Stories Of Monogamous Couples: When And Why They Chose to Be Monogamous
- Technology These Lucrative Amazon Offers On Vivo Smartphones Will Make You Want To Buy One
- Movies Prabhas & Shraddha Kapoor Remind Us Of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-Ranbir Kapoor & Salman-Katrina Kaif
- News Flood alert for Delhi as Yamuna likely to cross danger mark today
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Automobiles Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
It is good to pamper your skin sometimes with some soothing and moisturising essential oils, right? And, you probably cannot go to a spa or a salon every time you feel like pampering your skin to the softness and the goodness of essential oils. Then why not include them in your skin care routine and treat yourself to its goodness whenever you want?
But, before we move on to how to include essential oils in your skin care routine, it is important to understand what exactly are essential oils?
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are basically oils that are power-packed with vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for your skin. They are often used in massages and spa treatments. Extracted from plants, essential oils such as lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, chamomile oil, jojoba oil, rosehip essential oil, tea tree oil, etc. are often used in aromatherapy.
These essential oils offer a number of skin care benefits which makes them a preferred choice in one's skin care routine.
Why Are Essential oils Beneficial For Skin Care
Essential oils have a lot of benefits to offer. They are effective in treating acne. They help to reduce inflammation and possess antifungal and antibacterial properties that keep acne and pimples at bay. They also possess antioxidants that protect your skin from any kind of damage and keep it away from free radicals.
Most importantly, essential oils possess anti-ageing properties that reduce/ slow down the process of ageing. They also protect your skin from sun damage. Regular use of essential oils also boosts blood circulation in your body, keeping it healthy, soft, and glowing.
How To Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine?
It is very easy to include essential oils ion your skin care routine. You can do it by merely mixing any essential oil of your choice with your regular skin care products.
Mix it with body lotion
You all might be using body lotion every day. And, if you are not, you must start using one on a daily basis as it helps to keep your skin soft, hydrated, and moisturised. It also protects your skin from any kind of damage and prevents dirt and dust particles from entering open pores on your skin. You can simply mix a few teaspoons of any essential oil of your choice with your body lotion and apply it on your face and body every night before going to bed. It will ensure that the essential oil seeps into your body.
Mix it with body wash
If you have an oily skin type and are not willing to use a moisturiser on a daily basis, you can simply mix two teaspoons of lavender/jojoba/rosehip/tea tree oil (any one) in your favourite body wash and use it with bathing. This will ensure that the goodness of essential oil reaches your body and it gets the necessary benefits.
Mix it with lip balm/ lip scrub
Are you dealing with dry, chapped lips? Well, there's nothing to worry about. Simply add a few drops of any essential oil in your lip balm or lip scrub and massage your lips with it. Also, apply some essential oil on your lips and let it seep into your lips and skin.
For your lips, you can also go for coconut oil or lavender oil as it is one of the choicest options of many women.
Make oil concoction face mask
You can even make a homemade face mask using various essential oils - like an oil concoction basically and use it on your face. Listed below is a quick DIY essential oils face mask for your reference.
- 1 tbsp lavender essential oil
- 1 tbsp tea tree essential oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 2 tbsp freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a bowl, add all the essential oils and whisk them together.
- Now, add aloe vera gel and honey to it and again blend everything well
- Apply it on your face and neck and wait for 20 minutes until it dries off.
- Wash your face with cold water and pat it dry
- Repeat this pack twice a week for desired results.
How to do
Use it as an ingredient in your foot spa/ pedicure/ manicure
Your feet goes through a lot everyday. And, in winters, it needs special attention and care. And, essential oils can do just that. All you need to do is treat your feet to the goodness of essential oils once a while. You can simply make a concoction using tea tree oil, jojoba oil, and lavender essential oil and massage your tired feet with it. It will instantly help your feet relax, soothe tired muscles, and relive any kind of foot pain.