- 13 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 14 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 15 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies #NotMyDeepika Trends Urging Deepika Padukone To Not Work With MeToo Accused Luv Ranjan
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls begin title defence with win over Patna Pirates
- Technology TRAI Seeks Views On KYC Of DTH Set-Top Boxes
- News Dikshit's last instruction: Protest at BJP office if standoff between Priyanka, UP govt goes on
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
We all face an umpteen number of skin-related issues. Sometimes, certain skin-related issues can also lead to several health problems. When coming to skin care, some of the most common issues faced are black spots, acne, dry skin, etc.
Honey can protect your skin and enhance your beauty in several ways. Applying honey on your face every day can have great benefits. Using a honey mask can aid in treating acne and dark spots. It also treats other issues like dry skin.
In the same way, lemon juice can also benefit the skin because of its anti inflammatory properties that help in removing the dead skin cells and making the skin look healthier.
A combination of honey and lemon juice can be used for treating several skin-related issues. Let's see what are their benefits and how we can use them for attaining a beautiful and flawless skin, sitting back at your home.
Moisturizer is very important for your skin. Be it any skin type, moisturizing helps you in hydrating the skin and keeping it soft and supple.
Lemon and honey makes a good moisturizer for the skin. Let's see how.
Mix together 2 spoons of lemon juice and 1 spoon of honey. Apply and gently massage this mixture on your face half an hour before going to bed every day. After 30 minutes, rinse off in lukewarm water.
2. Prevents Dead Skin Cells
Dead skin cells is one of the most important skin-related issues faced by most of us. You can mix lemon and honey for removing dead skin cells and preventing these from forming again. You can do this twice a week for better results.
3. Removes Dark Spots
Dark spots can be treated with honey and lemon. Along with removing dark spots, it also helps in brightening the skin. Let us take a look how this can be used.
All you need for this is 1 tablespoon of oatmeal powder, 1 spoon of honey and 2 spoons of lemon. Mix all the ingredients together to make a paste. Apply this mask on your face and neck and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off in lukewarm water after 20 minutes. Do this twice every week for better results.
4. Treats Pimples
A mixture of lemon and honey also helps in treating pimples and acne scars if used regularly. Mix equal amounts of lemon and honey and apply it on the affected area with a cotton swab. Wash off the mixture in lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
5. Brightens The Skin
The antioxidants in lemon and honey help in removing the tan and in brightening the skin. Its natural skin-whitening properties will give you a fair and glowing skin.
1 tablespoon of gram flour
1 spoon of honey
2 spoons of lemon
A pinch of turmeric powder
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off in lukewarm water.
6. Brightens The Lips
The citrus extract from the lemon helps in removing tan and it makes your lips look brighter. Honey nourishes your lips, keeping it soft and moisturized throughout. All you need for this home remedy is a few drops of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix both the ingredients well and apply it on your lips. Leave it on for 1 hour and wipe it off with a wet cloth.
7. Removes Wrinkles
Honey and lemon have agents which help in reducing wrinkles and this helps in brightening the skin. You can either apply raw honey and lemon directly on your forehead or mix it with rice flour to get better results. Rice flour contains antioxidants that hydrate the skin.
Mix 1 spoon of rice flour to 1 spoon of honey and 2 spoons of lemon juice. If you feel the paste is too thick, you can add more honey to the mixture accordingly. Apply the mask on your forehead and other areas and leave it until it dries, and wash it off. Do this twice a week.