Yogurt is something which can be found in every household in India. Apart from being a tasty ingredient, yogurt also has several beauty benefits. It works amazing on the skin. Since yogurt is enriched in lactic acid, it is one solution for several skin-related issues.
Yogurt can be used for skin care to remove sunburn and tan, lighten dark spots and thus brighten the skin. It also works as a bleaching agent that helps remove the dead skin cells, making the skin look healthier and cleaner.
Now, you must be wondering how we can use yogurt to enhance beauty, aren't you? This can be in the form of masks or packs for the skin, which you can try sitting back at home. Let's unfold some the age-old beauty secrets of buttermilk that is known to work magically on our skin.
1. For Improved Skin Tone
As mentioned earlier, since yogurt contains lactic acid, it helps in improving the skin tone and hence makes the skin attain a brighter complexion.
Take 1 tablespoon of yogurt and add a pinch of turmeric and mix them well. Apply this on your face and neck. Leave it on for half an hour and wash it off with normal water by gently massaging it. Use this remedy every day for two weeks to get better results.
2. To Lighten Dark Spots
Yogurt has exfoliating agents that help to lighten the dark spots or marks naturally with regular use.
- Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel in a bowl and add enough of yogurt to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck. Wash it off in cold water after 30 minutes. Do this twice a week.
- There's also an alternative remedy to lighten the dark spots on the skin. Dip a cotton pad in a bowl of yogurt and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. You can try this remedy twice or thrice every day.
3. To Reduce Sun Tan
The best remedy is to apply raw yogurt. But, you can try it with other ingredients for better results.
- Take ¼th cup of yogurt. Add half of a tomato and make a fine paste using a blender. Apply this paste on your face or wherever you want to remove suntan. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it off in normal water. Repeat this twice a week.
- Another alternative is a pack using honey and yogurt. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt to 2 tablespoons of honey. Massage for 5 minutes and leave it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wash it off. Do this every day to get better results.
4. For Dry Skin
This remedy works best if you have a dry and peeling skin.
Take a small piece of banana and mash it well. Add 1 spoon of yogurt to it and mix them well. After mixing, apply this mixture on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off in plain water. This pack also helps in exfoliating the skin and in making the skin look brighter.
5. As A Cleanser
Yogurt helps remove impurities, first by killing the bacteria and then by removing the dead cells. This will help in making the skin cleaner and healthier.
How To Do
Take 3 spoons of yogurt in a bowl. Add 1 spoon of olive oil, almond oil, and a few drops of rose water in to it. Mix them well. Dip a cotton pad to the mixture and apply it all over your face. This will help in removing the excess dirt from your skin. Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off in cold water. Repeat this every day when you are back home after a long tiring day.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss