Skin problems jump to their peak during the monsoon season. Pimples, acnes, rashes, etc., pop up all over the body because of the rain water and harsh weather conditions.
Getting immediate remedies for the skin is also troublesome during the monsoon because the rains do not allow you to go out. What's the remedy?
Well, as a remedy to your monsoon skin problems, here is a list of fruit face packs that you can try, especially during the monsoon season. The uniqueness of these monsoon perfect fruit face packs is that they are made with fruits that are monsoon specific only.
When preparing these monsoon special fruit face packs at home, ensure you get the freshest of monsoon fruits. Also, each of these fruit pack recipes requires a few other ingredients other than the fruits. Get them along with the fruits, so that while making them at home, you have everything around in getting that perfect everlasting glow on your skin during the monsoon time.
Belonging to the botanical family of Rosaceae, plums work on blood circulation and cell metabolism directly if applied on the skin in the right way. Plums are also popular as an anti-wrinkle agent that offers a wrinkle-free skin.
1 small plum
2 tablespoons of curd
- In the food processor, blend the plum to a paste.
- Take the plum paste in a bowl and add curd to it.
- Mix the curd (preferably hung) to the plum paste.
- In case you have blackhead/whitehead problems, you can make this plum face pack your scrubber by adding some oatmeal or cornflour to it.
- Apply the plum pack on the face, wait for 30-50 minutes and wash off.
Jamuns Or Black Plum
There are many ways of using jamun on your skin. We recommend using jamun in the monsoon face packs because these act as a skin brightener for all skin types. Jamun also works great for those who have an acne-prone skin. The jamun face pack recipe mentioned here is extra-beneficial for those with oily skin.
1 tablespoon of barley flour
3 teaspoons of amla juice
1 tablespoon of rose water
- Mash the jamuns to a thick paste and collect in a bowl.
- Add the barley flour, amla juice, and rose water, therafter.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely with a spoon.
- This face pack is liquid like and is better to be applied inside the washroom with a towel around.
- Gentle coats of the jamun face pack all over your skin will bring a nice glow.
- Wash with cold water after 30 minutes.
Specially suitable for damaged skin, pomegranates treat initial stage of skin ageing, acne, pimples and more. In this monsoon fruit pack recipe, the addition of cocoa powder makes it add a nice glow on to the skin.
1/2 pomegranate (paste)
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- In the pomegranate paste, add the cocoa powder and mix well to prepare your monsoon special face pack.
- Apply the pomegranate pack all over your face and neck followed by a rest time of 20-25 minutes. Wash your face with cold water to rinse off the mask.
As the saying goes, "a guava a day, keeps fine lines away", guavas are a must use during the monsoon months for those suffering from early ageing signs and skin loosening problems. Guava adds elasticity to the skin, making it firm and tight.
1/2 a guava fruit
1 (small) banana
2 tablespoons of organic honey
- First, blend the guava into a paste.
- Next, smash the banana as well.
- Now, mix the guava paste and the smashed banana together.
- To the white coloured paste, add honey.
- Mix evenly and apply it on the skin.
- After a wait time of 30-minutes or once the face pack is dry, you can rinse it off.
If your skin goes really dull during the monsoon, then a pears face pack helps you to revive its glam. Pears are rich in fibre and the nutrients penetrate easily into the skin pores to offer a soothing skin.
1/2 a pear
1 teaspoon of organic honey
1 teaspoon of whipped cream
- Mash the pear in a food processor to obtain its paste form.
- Add honey and whipped cream to the pear paste and mix.
- This monsoon face pack requires a longer wait time for its drippy nature.
- Once dry, rinse off with water and do moisturize your skin right after.
Easily available during the monsoon, the good way to make a face pack out of it is by adding egg white to it. This peach face pack works on all critical skin problems and also ensures natural moisturization.
½ a ripe organic peach
1 egg white
- Peel the peach, crop into pieces and blend in the grinder to make a paste.
- Beat the egg white till it's foam like.
- Mix the egg white and peach paste to prepare your face pack.
- Apply this all over your skin, wait for it to dry and do wash using lukewarm water.
Those battling with rough, itchy, scratchy skin during the monsoon can use this effective fruit face pack. To sum up, those with dry skin should opt for the papaya face pack, as it provides the right kind of nutrition to the skin, making it smooth and soft.
5-8 medium-sized ripe papaya pieces
1 small banana
1 tablespoon of honey
3 tablespoons of cucumber juice
- First, blend the papaya into a paste.
- Next, smash the banana with hands or in a grinder.
- Mix both the papaya and banana paste adding honey.
- Add the cucumber juice at the end and mix.
- Apply this all over the skin and let it rest for 30 minutes or more.
- Wash with water and use a toner or moisturizer right after.
The last fruit that we have added in our monsoon fruit face pack recipes is cranberry because cranberries are exfoliants to the skin and are known for their antioxidant properties and anti-ageing benefits. Here is one of the easy to-do cranberry face pack recipes that you can follow.
1 small cup of fresh cranberries
1 small cup of fresh seedless red grapes
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of argan oil
1/2 a tablespoon of oats (optional)
- To prepare the cranberry monsoon special face pack, first you have to blend the cranberries to a paste.
- Next, blend the grapes as well to make a paste.
- In a bowl, mix the cranberry and grape paste together.
- Add honey and oil to the fruit paste and mix.
- In case of blackheads or whiteheads, addition of oats makes this cranberry face pack become a scrub.
- After applying it on the skin, leave it on for an hour and wash with water.
- Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Men To Follow This Season!
- Monsoon Immunity-boosting Foods To Fight Diseases Like Dengue & More
- Nutritious Foods To Eat During The Monsoons
- Spices You Must Include In Your Diet This Monsoon
- This Homemade Concoction Can Keep You Healthy During The Rainy Season!
- Mumbai Flood: Infection Risks & Ways To Prevent Them
- How To Protect Yourself From Germs During Monsoon
- Top 5 Expert-Recommended Ayurvedic Tips To Take Care Of Your Body This Monsoon
- Is It Good To Eat Fish In Rainy Season?
- Makeup Products That Should Be Avoided During Monsoon
- Five Ways Triphala Can Help You Maintain Digestive Wellness This Monsoon
- Common Beauty Problems During Monsoon With Their Home Remedies
- 10 Foods That Curb Sugar Cravings