It's the season of the rains. There is high humidity in the atmosphere, which can pose a lot of problems in our day-to-day lives. There are more chances of infection or falling sick. Even our hair and skin behave differently during the monsoon.
The sudden change in temperature can wreak havoc on our skin. Dry skin, in particular, can become drier and itchy. Therefore, it is important to take care of our skin during these days.
A lot of people assume that there is no need to moisturize the skin or wear a sunscreen. But, the skin needs moisturizing and sun protection in all seasons. In this article, we will be telling you all about caring for your dry skin this season.
Here are a few DIY hacks to make your dry skin healthy and glowing even when everything around you is gloomy. Take a look.
1) Butter Mask:
This DIY facial mask is a best way to moisturize and soothe dry skin.
- 1 teaspoon of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of water
1) Blend the butter and water and apply to your skin.
2) Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
3) Rinse it off with warm water.
2) Avocado Mask:
Avocados are great facial moisturizers. Honey is known for both moisturizing and antiseptic properties. Try this super-effective mask to end your dry skin woes.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
1) Mash the pulp of the avocado.
2) Mix it with a tablespoon of honey.
3) Apply this paste onto the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
4) Wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
3) Olive Oil And Brown Sugar Scrub:
If we have to mention the beauty benefits of olive oil, it may probably take the end of the world. Brown sugar is a humectant, which draws moisture from the atmosphere to the skin. Do not be afraid to use this scrub for your dry skin, as it will moisturize it.
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1) Combine all of the above-mentioned ingredients.
2) Use this scrub on your face and body, in light circular motions before taking a shower.
4) Yogurt And Papaya Treatment:
Yogurt is an excellent skin-hydrating agent. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help soothe dry and itchy skin. Papaya will give it that glow.
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of mashed papaya
- 2 drops of honey
- 5-6 drops of lemon
1) Mix the lemon and yogurt in a bowl.
2) Add the honey and papaya to this.
3) Apply it on the skin and leave on for 20 minutes.
4) Wash off with cold water and repeat it at least once in a week.
5) Egg Yolk And Orange Juice Treatment:
Egg yolk is a great moisturizer and orange juice is full of vitamins. This treatment will do wonders for your skin.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Some drops of rose water
1) Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl.
2) Apply a thick layer of this mixture on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
3) Wash off to reveal soft, supple skin which is smooth to touch.
Excessive dryness of the skin can be combated using the above-mentioned natural remedies. Also, use a mild face wash suitable for your skin type.
Include a lot of fruit in your diet, stop smoking or drinking. Do not be in the sun for long, as it will only aggravate the problem. Getting a good amount of shut-eye every night will ensure that your skin will behave its best, all year round.
- Do You Have A Dry Skin? Here Are Some Remedies To Follow
- Do You Have A Dry Feet? Here Are The Remedies
- These Remedies Will Help You If You Have Dry Hands
- 8 Common Hygiene Habits Which Can Be Dangerous To Your Health!
- How To Determine Your Skin Type
- What To Do When You Have Dry Skin All Year Round
- 10 Face-washing Mistakes That Could Be Damaging Your Skin
- Tips For People With Dry Skin
- 9 Signs And Symptoms That Show You Are Dehydrated
- Homemade Scrubs For Dry Skin In Winter
- White Vinegar To Solve All Your Beauty Problems
- Tips To Apply Makeup On Dry Skin