TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Dry lips are painful and no fun at all. That is why it is really important to take care of your lips. So, find out now if you are taking proper care of them.
Unlike the skin on the rest of your face, the skin on your lips does not produce any oils of its own, as there are no sebaceous glands on the lips. So, that is why your lips require additional hydration. We honestly don't know how people manage to live without lip balm.
The lips are super sensitive and need a whole lot more care and protection than the rest of your skin does. So, here are some things that you must do to take proper care of your lips.
Your lips tend to collect dead skin and flakes just like your face does. It is really important to use a scrub on them and exfoliate the skin. You may use a homemade scrub or a store bought one. A homemade one can be made of powdered sugar and olive or almond oil.
Lip peels are gaining a lot of popularity. Lip peels help buff away dead skin without being harsh on the skin.
Another thing that is gaining popularity is lip oils. They are mostly infused with essential oils and vitamin E oils to make them really good for the lips. You can even use plain coconut oil to heal cracked lips.
Just like your face, your lips need sun protection. So go for a lip balm that has SPF in it if you are stepping into the sun at all. This helps avoid discolouration of the lips.
There are so many types of lip balms available in the markets; it is impossible to settle for just one. Use a really thick layer of lip balm at night to wake up with super soft lips.
Before you use a lipstick of any sort, especially one that is matte, be sure to use a lip primer as these protect your lips from getting too dry or damaged from the lipstick.