When you can apply aloe vera on your skin, why not cactus? After all, both belong to the same family.
No matter how shocking it sounds, dermatologists have confirmed that the use of cactus extract on the skin is highly beneficial.
The benefit of cactus has been proved specially in removing acne marks. Of course, the thorns all over the cactus plant makes it very difficult to add it in your beauty care routine. But how about a careful try to use cactus on your skin and see if there is any result at all?
One-time use of cactus extract on your face or skin might not yield results, like any other home remedy. So, make sure to include it on a regular basis to notice amazing results. Get a cactus plant and use it 8-10 times in a month. If you see a change on your skin after the application of the cactus extract, you can continue using it.
Please note, you cannot directly apply cactus extract on your skin. The ideal way is to prepare a mask.
To learn about the recipe of preparing the cactus extract mask, continue reading.
Cactus Extract Mask Ingredients:
1 cactus leaf
A pair of scissors
1 tablespoon of raw honey
1 squeezed lime juice
Cactus Extract Mask Recipe:
- Hold the cactus leaf very carefully and wash it. Please be careful when dealing with the thorns.
- You will bump at certain points of the cactus leaf. Cut them and collect the cactus extract or gel which is light green in colour.
- You have to collect one tablespoon of the cactus extract. In case one cactus leaf does not provide you enough extract, cut another leaf.
- After you collect one tablespoon of the cactus extract, add the honey and lime juice to it and mix well.
- Bingo, your cactus extract face mask is ready to be used.
- Do a skin patch test first. If it works fine, apply it on all of your acne or spot-prone areas. Wait for approximately 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Constant use of this cactus extract face mask can show a great result in diminishing your acne marks and spots.