You must have heard about all the health benefits of green tea, right? But, did you know you can use green tea for skin care as well? Yes, this article on "ways to use green tea for skin care" guides you with just that!
Drinking green tea has a multitude of benefits for our skin and hair, and obviously our internal body systems. It is known to have really good benefits for digestion because of its antioxidants.
Green tea was initially not that popular in India; however, it has recently gained popularity as a beverage, thanks to all the health benefits it is known to provide.
It has a high content of antioxidants, amino acids and several nutrients like manganese and vitamin B. It also has a very mild amount of caffeine, which makes it a healthier option than black tea or coffee.
In fact, you should start drinking two cups of green tea every day for an overall better health and even to have better skin and hair. Green tea is an active ingredient in a lot of creams, masks and scrubs, which are made by several brands.
Keep reading this post to find out the amazing ways in which using green tea for your skin can benefit you.
1. Clearer Skin: Add matcha green tea powder to any face pack to turn it into a mask to clear away blemishes and spots. It has really strong anti-inflammatory properties, which help with reducing dark spots.
2. Fair Skin: The antioxidants in green tea make it a perfect ingredient to achieve fairness and to even remove skin tan. Just take brewed green tea and apply it on to your face once it cools. Brew it to make it stronger than when it's made for drinking.
3. Firm Skin: The polyphenols in green tea help combat skin that is sagging or loose and make it firm and plump. Mix green tea leaves with turmeric and milk and use it as a face pack to attain firm skin.
4. Acne: Dab the solution of water and green tea using a cotton ball on to your acne or pimple-prone area. The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea help soothe the pimple and reduce inflammation.
5. Glowing Skin: The antioxidants in green tea can help give way to glowing, clear skin. Mix green tea leaves with besan and yogurt to make an amazing scrub to get glowing skin. Skin care benefits of green tea couldn't get better than this!
6. Control Ageing: Ingredients in green tea help neutralize harmful free radicals that could be behind the early signs of ageing. Mix green tea and coconut oil and apply it on to your face. Leave it on for an hour and later wash it off. Do this every night before bed time to ensure that the lines don't show up before it is time.
7. Shrinks Pores: Cool some green tea in the refrigerator and use a cotton ball to apply this all over your face, and the antioxidants and cold would work together in shrinking the size of your pores.
8. DIY Toner: Green tea is also great to balance the pH level of the face. Mix four parts of water and one part of green tea in a spray bottle. Shake it well before every use. Use it every day after washing your face.
9. Dead Skin: Green tea can also be used for exfoliation. Mix green tea leaves with your regular face wash to make a perfect scrub. This scrub gets rid of dead skin cells and reveals glowing soft skin.
10. Dark Circles: The skin under our eyes has a very thin lining. This makes the veins under the eyes more visible, which appear to us in the form of dark circles. Take a cotton ball and soak it in green tea and apply this under the eye area twice every day to get rid of dark circles.
11. Puffy Eyes: Put two used green tea bags in the refrigerator and keep them overnight. Use them on your eyes in the morning to get rid of puffy eyes. The caffeine helps reduce the puffiness.
12. Warts: This is one of the best ways to use green tea for skin care. Green tea is a mild disinfectant and helps very gently get rid of the warts on skin. Use a cotton swab or a cotton ball to apply green tea. Leave it on for sometime and later rinse to reduce the appearance of warts to a great extent.