Do you think cinnamon powder is useful only to spice up your food? Think again! Cinnamon powder is also said to possess certain important and natural qualities that are beneficial for the skin and its treatment.
People in some of the Asian countries have been using cinnamon for skin disorders and for other medicinal purposes.
It surely is a great alternative to harmful chemical-laden beauty and skin care products that are sold by many marketing companies with a sole motive of earning profit.
Also Read: How To Banish Dry Skin
Is your mirror constantly reminding you of your increasing age?
If yes, then cinnamon powder is a spice that will surely come to your rescue, as it is rich in antioxidants, various minerals and vitamins that help slow the ageing process and make your skin look naturally beautiful.
We have some good news for people, especially with oily or combination skin types. If you have such skin types, then you should use cinnamon powder without wasting even a single moment, as it helps tighten the skin pores and also makes your face appear clear and smooth.
So, save money on your monthly beauty-parlour visits, and instead try these below-mentioned ways to use cinnamon powder for skin care, take a look:
1) Pack To Treat Fine Lines: Apply a mixture of cinnamon powder with 2 tsp of olive oil or petroleum jelly to treat the fine lines on skin, as cinnamon is said to plump out your skin, thus omitting fine lines from your skin.
Also Read: 7 Easy Ways To Lighten Skin Tone
2) For Scalp Nourishment: Massage your scalp using a paste containing 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, ¼th tsp of warm olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey before washing it off with a normal shampoo, as cinnamon stimulates the scalp and provides nourishment to the hair follicles.
3) Remedy For Skin Irritation: If you have inflammation or irritation on your skin (not to be used on the face), then you can find cinnamon powder to be very useful. If you get a green signal from your dermatologist, then apply a mixture using 1 tsp each of cinnamon powder and honey on these areas to relieve your skin from the irritation.
4) Natural Antiseptic To Heal Wounds: Owing to its antiseptic properties, a pinch of cinnamon powder on your wounds or cuts will kill the bacteria and heal your wounds magically.
5) To Improve Skin Complexion: Say no to expensive and harmful fairness creams and embrace cinnamon powder instead to improve your complexion. For this, prepare and apply a face mask consisting of banana puree, yoghurt, cinnamon powder and lemon juice on to your skin and leave it on until it has dried out. Then, wash your skin with warm water.
6) As A Refreshing Body Scrub: Combine together cinnamon powder (1 tsp), ground coffee (2 cups), sea salt (1/2 cup), almond oil (2-3 tsp) and then use them as a body scrub to make you feel fresh and energetic.
7) Pack To Rejuvenate The Skin: Apply a mixture of cinnamon powder (1 tsp) and honey (3 tsp) on the acne-affected areas and leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water to get rid of the acne scars and rejuvenate your skin.
Note: Always conduct a patch test on the skin so as to make sure that cinnamon powder is friendly on your skin and can be used to give you desirable results.