If the summers can make your skin greasy, oily and cause breakouts, winter brings its own set of problems with it for the skin. However, these tips, which we have listed below, would ensure you have brighter skin this winter for sure!
Everyone tends to have dull skin during winters, mostly because of the dry air around. Some people tend to stick to their usual summer skin care routines even in winters, which obviously is not the right way to go.
Winters mean that your skin would need an extra bit of hydration, no matter what your skin type is. Some oily skinned people are blessed though, as they don't need to put in too much of an effort in taking care of their skin during the winters.
For people with really oily skin, a regular moisturiser seems to work just fine. But, it is people with dry skin types who suffer the most. Even people with combination skin types have this problem, as certain areas of their skin can turn excessively dry.
The skin ends up feeling tight. So, that is why, we bring to you the top tips to make your skin look brighter in winters!
1. Gentle Face Wash: Stay away from all your face washes containing salicylic acid. These are meant for acne-prone skin and they dry out the face a lot. So, this is something that needs to be avoided in the winters.
2. Toner: Toners help bring back the natural pH level of the skin. They also help close up the open pores. Always use a toner after you wash your face if you want a brighter skin in winters.
3. Oil Face Pack: Instead of your regular face pack, which may soak up oils from your face, switch it up, and use any oil as a face pack. Just lather up your face with coconut, almond or olive oil and then wash it off after 30 minutes or so for soft, glowing skin.
4. Moisturiser: Use a slightly heavier moisturiser for the winters than you would use for the summers. This is the most important tip for brighter skin in winters.
5. Face Oils: Face oils or serums are really important, but they become even more important during the winters. Trust us, they actually help make the skin look a lot brighter.
6. Exfoliation: Scrubbing your face is something you cannot skip, no matter what the weather is. It helps you get rid of the dead skin cells and gives way to gorgeous, glowing skin.
7. Night Cream: A night cream can help repair the damage done to your skin during the day. It also helps prevent ageing before it's time. So, these are the tips on how to get brighter skin in winters. Hope this helped.