- 7 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 32 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 40 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at Statue of Liberty
- Movies Most-Viewed Tamil Movies Of 2019 On OTT Platforms: Viswasam Tops The List!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11+ Battery And Display Features Tipped
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
How do you know your face wash is working well with your skin? Simple. Check if your skin feels stretchy and tight immediately after wash? Are there white patches forming around your mouth? If so, then you need to quickly switch your face wash with an organic one.
Why herbal face wash? Because it draws out impurities from your skin without stripping its natural oil. Improves your skin texture and elasticity, minus the toxic chemicals.
Ingredients included in this homemade foaming cleanser are liquid castile soap, aloe vera, jojoba oil, honey and rosemary oil.
Liquid castile soap helps build foam. Aloe vera draws out impurities and soothes skin. Jojoba oil stimulates blood flow, brightening your complexion.
Amino acids in honey help moisturise the skin and act as a preservative. And, rosemary oil tones, hydrates and rejuvenates the skin.
This face wash recipe is ideal for normal skin. Tweak the content as per your skin type. For instance, if you have oily skin, reduce the oil content and vice versa.
Here is a step-by-step guide on making this DIY cleansing face wash.
Take 1 cup of boiled water. Add 1/4th cup of liquid castile soap to the water. Opt for an all-natural soap that is made of plant oils, instead of chemical-based ones.
Next, add 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil to the mixture. Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins A and E. Vitamin E nourishes the skin, whereas vitamin A repairs the damaged skin cells and promotes the production of new skin cells.
Add 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey to the mixture. Honey has amino acids that lock in the moisture and vitamin C that gives skin a golden glow.
Peel the edge of an aloe vera leaf, slice it in half and scrape out the gel with a fork. Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to the mixture. Aloe vera calms the skin, draws out impurities and makes the skin super-smooth.
Add 10 drops of rosemary oil to the mixture. Rosemary oil has antibacterial properties that kill acne-causing bacteria and unclog pores.
Mix all the ingredients well, until it blends together. By now you should have cloudy foamy liquid. Transfer the solution in a dispenser bottle and store it in a cool dry place.
2 pumps of the liquid is all you need to cleanse your face. Castile soap being highly concentrated makes sure you don't use too much, else it will dry out your skin.
Work the cleanser onto your face in a circular movement for 5 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow it up by rinsing your face with cold water to close pores.
Things To Keep In Mind
Shake well before using. Discard the solution after a month. If you notice any unnatural smell or consistency of the liquid change, discard it. Use the homemade foaming cleanser twice a day.
This organic face wash will draw out impurities from your skin, without stripping your skin of its natural oils. Within a month of using, you will notice your skin become visibly soft, smooth and supple.