- 2 min ago Musky, Fishy Or Metallic: Types Of Vaginal Odours That Every Women Should Know About
- 17 min ago 8 Possible Reasons Why Men Lose Interest In The Relationship
- 1 hr ago This B-Town Actor Spreads Coronavirus Safety Awareness In The Most Stylish Way, Guess Who Is He!
- 2 hrs ago Sun Transit In Cancer 2020: How It Will Affect Your Zodiac Sign
- Sports State sports ministers brief Rijiju on roadmap for post COVID-19 resumption
- Movies NBA Star Reggie Miller Reacts To Sushant Singh Rajput In Dil Bechara Song; ‘Gone But Not Forgotten'
- Technology Oppo A72 5G To Launch Soon: Everything We Know So Far
- News 80 Metro Rail workers test positive, shifted to COVID centre
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Automobiles Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Threading is an ancient hair removal method that has been in practice for centuries. Threading is an excellent way to keep your face free of unwanted facial hair. Threading can be done for almost all skin types, even if you have sensitive skin. Threading face is a better alternative when compared to options like waxing, as it does not remove a layer of skin.
But sometimes after threading your face, especially if you have sensitive skin, you might end up with pimples, rashes and redness. Most women experience breakouts after threading their face, even if only for a limited time period. Here are some skin care tips to be followed after threading your face.
1. Make sure you do not touch the threaded area for the first 12 to 24 hours as it may cause breakouts, rashes or irritation. Also make sure that the facial area which underwent threading is not exfoliated.
2. After threading your face, do not apply any perfumed cosmetic products to the area like cleansers or moisturizers which contain acid at least for a period of 12 hours. This is so because even though these acidic products aid in removing the outer layer of skin. They might cause an adverse reaction if used after hair removal, especially if you have sensitive skin.
3. If you are feeling any sort of discomfort or irritation after threading your face, then a cold compress can be used on the threaded area to soothe the irritated skin.
4. Avoid any sort of steam treatment or heat source immediate after threading face.
5. Use a soothing lotion on the threaded area to provide relief and soothe the irritated skin. It is best to opt for lotions which contain chamomile or aloe vera for the best effect.
6. Avoid stepping into direct sunlight for a period of at least 48 hours after threading face without proper UV protection. Refrain from using tanning beds or sunbathing without proper UV protection.
7. Wait for a time period of at least two hours after threading face for taking a hot bath or shower. The threaded area can be gently washed with the help of anti-bacterial soap.
8. If the threaded area turns red, then apply some rose water or mild cream on it to return the skin to its normal colour.
9. If the redness or irritation does not subside even after using a cooling lotion, opt for an ice cube massage. This will relieve the pain and soothe any irritation present after threading your face.
10. If you have sensitive skin, then use a moisturizer that is specifically made for sensitive skin. This will reduce your pain to a large extent.
These are some of the skin care tips you can follow after threading your face face.