- Sports Zahid Mahmood joins unwanted list of most runs conceded in an innings in Tests
- Movies Hansika Motwani Wears An Elegant Tie-Dye Sharara For Her Mehndi Ceremony, And We Can't Stop Gushing
- Technology Microsoft Unblocks Windows 11 22H2 Update After Fixing Gaming Issues
- Finance NPS-Swavalamban - All you Need to Know
- Education Study MBA in India, Complete Final Year in UK
- News For disrespectful comments on Varanasi, India-American model Aparna Singh apologises
- Automobiles Mercedes GLB Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 63.8 Lakh
- Travel Without These Checklist Your Winter Packing Is Incomplete, Have A Look
Here's a beauty confession. No one can achieve a flawless makeup look on the first attempt. Especially for applying the foundation. Now, the foundation is literally a magic beauty product that makes for a perfect base for your makeup and hides all the blemishes you may have on your face. But applying the same takes practice and a bit of patience. Of course, there are some easy ways to make your foundation look like a second skin and not flaky!
We have listed a few easy hacks that can help you put a foundation as professionals do. Read and learn from them to apply a foundation that looks natural and beautiful:
Get Your Perfect Shade First
When selecting the perfect and suitable foundation, avoid testing it on your wrist. Instead, test the foundation below your jawline. It will help you find the correct shade of foundation that matches your skin tone!
Hydration is the Key
Of course, natural glow and skin hydration can be achieved with a good, balanced diet and drinking loads of water. But, for a makeup hack, you need to hydrate the face with a moisturizer, serum, or face cream. Use circular motions to let the cream blend in perfectly over the face. Apply the foundation post the hydration method.
Remember, dehydrated skin tends to absorb moisture off the foundation and gives a flaky look. That's why hydrate the skin with a skin-friendly moisturizer or cream.
Upward Downward Strokes
Most of the time, makeup appears gaudy or cakey because the foundation is not applied properly. To achieve a natural, flawless look, use the foundation with upward and downward strokes to blend in the same perfectly. It fills the open pores and creates a smooth base for your remaining makeup look.
Use a Concealer
Before applying the foundation, apply a lightweight concealer that helps cover or hide the acne spots, pimples, blemishes, etc. Once the blemishes are hidden with a concealer, apply the foundation for a smooth, flawless look!
Apply a Face Oil For Glow
Apply a liquid highlighter or a skin oil to achieve a natural glow before putting on the foundation. Pay special attention to the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and the center of the forehead. This trick helps in adding that inside-out glow!
Follow the Less is More Mantra
Always aim for a natural-looking foundation look. For that, simply follow the "less is more" mantra. For that buy a foundation with a dropper and not a pump for avoiding the over-dispencing of the foundation. Take as much foundation as you need and apply it across the face. Once you know how much of a foundation you need, it becomes an easy ritual for you to take the appropriate quantity of the foundation. Apply the excess to the neck area if you wish!
- make up tipsBest Way To Remove Acrylic Nails Without Damaging Them
- hair careNayanthara's Go-To Beauty Ingredient Is Coconut Oil: 2 Ways To Use It For Your Oily Hair And Skin
- skin careHouse Of The Dragon Actress Olivia Cooke's Skincare Routine
- skin careHailey Bieber's Beauty Routine For Dry, Sensitive Skin
- make up tipsAnanya Panday To Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, 8 Diwali Makeup Looks Of Stars Perfect For Your Festive Look
- skin careDeepika Padukone Beauty Tips: 4 Quick Lessons You Can Learn From The Elegant Beauty
- skin careAishwarya Rai Bachchan Skincare Routine: How The Former Miss World Takes Care Of Her Skin; 3 DIY Face Packs
- skin careRekha Birthday Special: 5 Beauty Tips From The Evergreen Beauty You Can Totally Make Use Of!
- hair careDiwali Special: Kriti Sanon To Sara Ali Khan, Easy Festive Hairstyles Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- make up tipsDeepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, Easy Festive Makeup Guide From Bollywood Babes
- make up tipsAmazon Great Indian Festival: 60% Off On Foundation From Maybelline, Lakme, L'Oreal And More
- hair careDeepika Padukone Haircare Tips: Simple Coconut Oil Massage Is THE Solution For Dry, Weak Hair