It's so frustrating when you know that you've invested a lot of time in doing your makeup and you find out that there's no trace of it in an hour. Most women face this problem on a daily basis because of the type of cosmetics they use, their skin type, pollution, and other environmental factors.
It is a painful sight to see your makeup sliding off from your face. So, what do you do about that? As they say, "For every problem, there is a solution."
And we do have an effective solution just for you!
Continue reading, as we will give you a few tips and tricks as to how to keep your makeup on for a long time. Now, with the right product and the right application technique, this common beauty problem can be avoided.
With long-lasting makeup, you can spend more time doing your work without worrying too much about your makeup sliding off from your face.
In this article, we have 10 simple, super-easy steps, which you can do by yourself. Come, let's take a look.
Steps To Follow:
Clean Your Face:
It is very important to prepare your face before you apply your makeup. Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry it with a clean towel. This will help clean the impurities on the skin and allow the makeup to stay evenly on your skin.
Apply A Moisturizer:
A good moisturized face will make an amazing base for your makeup. If you have dry skin, then it is important to moisturize your face, so that the makeup doesn't look flaky. Do not forget to apply on the neck. Do keep in mind not to overdo on the moisturizing part, as your makeup might fade away.
Use A Primer:
Primer is one of the most important products to help you keep your makeup last long. Primers help to smoothen out the pores on your skin and also act as a base for your foundation. Gently dab a small amount of primer all over your face and also on your eyelids. This will help your makeup stay on your face for a long time.
Use A Foundation:
Go for a silicon-based foundation to fill in the pores of your skin. If you have dry skin, then apply a foundation which keeps your skin hydrated and does not make it look dry and flaky. If you have marks on your skin or pigmentation, then gently cover it up with a concealer before you apply the foundation. Do not let the concealer spread all over your face. Make sure you blend the foundation properly on your face and neck.
Use A Setting Powder:
Set your makeup with a good quality powder. Dab the powder gently on your face with the help of a makeup brush. Do not stroke the powder with the brush, as this will remove the products that you've already applied.
Use Waterproof Products:
Opt for waterproof mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, and other cosmetic products. Waterproof products work best for people with oily skin or for those people who sweat a lot. This type of product does not need constant touch-ups and it stays on your face for a long time.
Curl Your Eyelashes:
Curl your eyelashes before applying a mascara. Simply heat up your eyelash curler with the help of a blow dryer. Make sure you do not overheat the curler. Now, curl your eyelashes three times and then apply your mascara. This will give your lashes a natural and beautiful curl.
The best way to make your lipstick stay for a long time is by applying a cream-based concealer.
How to apply?
- Apply the concealer all over your lips.
- Now, fill your lips with a lip pencil. Make sure you choose the same colour pencil as your lipstick.
- Apply your lipstick.
Don’t Wipe, Just Pat:
If you have an oily skin, then chances are you may get a shine on your face after an hour. Do not wipe your face because you will end up wiping off your makeup. Instead, pat your face with a tissue paper or simply use a blotting sheet.
Setting spray will help your makeup stay on your face for a long time. Hold the spray a little further away from your face and gently spray it on your face. Setting spray provides protection from pollution and humidity.
Points To Remember:
- Always carry a tissue paper or a blotting paper with you, so that you can keep your skin dry and oil free.
- Apply thin coats of makeup for it to last long.
- Do not apply excess of makeup because this will make your skin look cakey and bad.
- Invest on good products.
- Make sure you apply your makeup in a bright room or in a natural light.
With these simple tips, you can get the perfect long-lasting makeup.
- Stop Doing These Right Now If You Have Dry Skin
- 5 Simple Tips To Wake Up Early In The Morning
- Alzheimer's Day 2018: Symptoms Of The Disease & Tips To Delay It
- 6 Simple Yet Effective Tips To Control Your Hunger
- 6 Steps To Get Soft And Supple Skin
- Osteoarthritis: 7 Tips To Take Care Of Your Joints
- Recreate Madhuri Dixit's Look This Festive Season
- Take A Look At These Secrets In The Thai Beauty Regime
- Make-up Rules To Follow If You Wear Contact Lenses
- Marathon: Health Benefits, Injuries & Diet Tips
- Quick & Simple Lazy-Day Hairstyles
- Vastu Tips For Kitchen Direction