Aishwarya Rai is often seen as the queen ready to slay with her looks. We Indian women devotedly follow her for inspiration.
Her Cannes looks, in particular, are iconic, as she puts in some extra effort because she knows that all eyes would be on her.
Some of the makeup looks that she has carried have been quite bold like the recent purple lipstick debacle.
Most women would not be confident enough to venture into a shade like that; however, she did carry it off perfectly with great ease.
Here I'll be sharing a DIY Aishwarya Rai makeup look that is a step-by-step process of how to get one of her best Cannes makeup looks. To know how to recreate this look, keep reading.
Also Read: Makeup Tips To Steal From Aishwarya Rai
Step-By-Step Process To Get The Look:
1) Prep your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer. This would prevent the eyeshadow from creasing, and would make sure the colours pop.
2) Then, take a subtle silver eyeshadow, from any brand of preference, and with a fluffy brush cover the entire eyelid with the shade.
3) Take a shimmery light grey shade and use this as a transition shade on the crease of your eyelid. A transition shade adds depth to the eyes and makes sure they don't look too flat. Use the fluffy brush to make sure the two shades are perfectly blended together.
4) Then, take a champagne pink shimmery shade to highlight the arch of your brows, with a flat brush. Make sure all the shades are blended yet again.
5) For the eyeliner, use a pen liner. The pen eyeliner would help you get that perfect sharp wing with precision and ease. Line your upper lash line, bringing the eyeliner slightly to the inner corner of your eyes too.
6) After that, use 2-3 coats of a curling mascara on your upper lashes. Line the upper waterline of your eyes with a black eyeliner.
I think the eyes should be done before doing the face makeup, that way, if there's any fallout from the eyeshadow, it can be cleaned up easily without ruining the rest of your makeup.
7) Then, coming to the face, dab on your foundation all over your face using a damp blending sponge. Make sure your face is well moisturized before you put on your foundation. Blending with a sponge gives an airbrush finish.
8) Then, take a highlighting concealer and dab it underneath the eyes forming an upside down triangle. Blend in the concealer with your ring finger.
9) Set the face makeup with some setting powder using a fluffy brush.
10) Then, take an orange/coral blush for the apples of your cheeks. Take an orange-based red lipstick and put it on all over the lips. Top that with a lip gloss or balm, as Aishwarya's lips appeared quite glossy for this look.
Then, there you are all ready to flaunt your Aishwarya Rai's Cannes makeup look!