- 3 hrs ago Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- 5 hrs ago When Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- 7 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News Without India, China holds first Indian Ocean Region meet with 19 countries
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI: Highlights, Post-Match Presentation as match gets washed out in Hamilton
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Geojit Recommends Accumulate This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Target Price Rs 634
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
Nothing ruins your perfect colour block dress more than a head full of dandruff. Those pesky white flakes are a true menace and can ruin your scalp, your skin and your dress!
Dandruff, characterized by itchy, white flakes of skin on your scalp, can be distracting and embarrassing ngl. It may also cause other symptoms, such as greasy patches on your scalp and tingling sensations.
Getting rid of dandruff requires you to tackle some myths - because there are plenty out there, most of which are misleading and lead us to buy various products that do not deliver the desired results.
5 Dandruff Myths You Should Know
Myth 1: Dandruff affects more men than women
It is both true and false. Dandruff is more prevalent in certain age groups, such as pre-pubertal and teen years, due to changes in hormones and the development of oil glands. For example, males have a higher number of oil glands and a weaker scalp barrier, which makes them more susceptible to the condition .
Myth 2: Poor hygiene leads to dandruff
False. According to experts, dandruff has nothing to do with hygiene. It is the result of a series of other factors. It is a normal physiological response of the scalp that occurs when the normal cycle of skin cell turnover is disrupted and there is an increase in cell turnover but a sluggish shedding of dead skin cells .
Myth 3: Summer is the only time when dandruff occurs
False. There is no particular season for dandruff. You can also find it in the winter, as we wash our hair less during the winter, causing dead skin cells to accumulate.
Myth 4: Diet, lifestyle, and environment are not factors that affect dandruff
False. Nothing is more false than this! There is no doubt that pollution contributes to the development of dandruff. Chemical pollutants such as hydrocarbons can be absorbed by the scalp and contribute to a build-up of oil on the scalp .
You should identify whether your products are worsening your dandruff and avoid them. Avoid fried foods, artificially flavoured foods, excessive sugar, and preservatives. Weather changes can worsen pre-existing dandruff. These reduce the production of sweat. Instead, incorporate fresh fruits, greens, sprouts, cottage cheese, tofu, and at least one green leafy vegetable into your daily diet.
Myth 5: Dandruff can be treated with over-the-counter products
True and false. Picking or scratching your scalp may aggravate shedding. Shampoo regularly, especially if you sweat excessively . Sterilize your combs and hair accessories every week. If your skin is experiencing excessive scaling, pain, sores or red boils, oozing, bleeding, or crusting, you should consult a dermatologist.
- hair carePriyanka Chopra’s DIY Yoghurt Hair Mask: Say Goodbye To Itchy-Dry Scalp
- hair careIs Amla Oil Good For Hair Growth? Ways To Use It
- hair care8 Hair Care Ingredients You Can Find In Your Kitchen
- skin care13 Uses Of Aloe Vera For Face, Body And Hair; How To Extract Aloe Vera Gel?
- skin careGot Dandruff On Eyebrows? Here Are 8 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Eyebrow Dandruff
- hair care2 DIY Hair Oils To Fight Dandruff And Improve Hair Growth
- hair careDandruff Is Toxic But There Are Certain Easy Ways To Stop It Without Having To Step Out!
- wellnessBhringraj Oil: Benefits, How To Use And Possible Side Effects
- wellness11 Common, But No So Common Beard Problems And Ways To Treat Them
- body care4 Plants That Have Amazing Beauty Benefits; And How To Use Them
- hair careHow To Use Neem Leaves For Dandruff
- hair care5 Incredible Benefits Of Neem For Hair