- 22 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 6 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Movies Kangana Ranaut On Karan Johar's Padma Shri Honour: 'He Totally Deserves This Award'
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G Might See The Light Of Day But Not In International Markets
- News Bodo agreement: Amit Shah signs accord with dreaded Bodo militant group NDFB
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Tough to hit Bumrah, need to learn how to adapt from India: Seifert
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The daily trials and tribulations of oily hair can be extremely frustrating to deal with. In case you're someone who is dealing with this type of hair, then today's post is ideal for you.
As today at Boldsky, we've curated a list of incredibly simple and effective DIY masks that can help your hair become less oily.
DIY hair masks are all the rage these days. That is mainly because, they are easy to prepare, budget-friendly and are highly effective. On the other hand, the commercial hair masks are pricey, infused with harsh chemicals and hardly live up to the expectations of the users.
That is why, it is always better to pamper your locks with homemade masks, especially if your hair is prone to oiliness. This type of hair is highly fragile and harsh store-bought products can do more harm than good.
Moreover, the DIY masks listed in this article can be easily made with the help of just 2 natural ingredients.
Pamper your oily hair with any of the following recipes to get rid of the greasiness and other related problems that make your tresses appear unsightly.
Take a look at them here:
1. Witch Hazel + Green Tea
- Combine 1 teaspoon of witch hazel with 2 tablespoons of cooled off green tea.
- Put the mask on your scalp and massage for a little while before washing it off with your usual shampoo and tepid water.
- Treat your oily hair with this mask on a biweekly basis for best results.
2. Tea Tree Oil + Olive Oil
- Mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to get a mask-like texture ready.
- Smear it on your head and after keeping it there for about 20 minutes, rinse off the material with tepid water.
- Use the same process once a month for treating oily hair.
3. Egg Yolk + Lemon Juice
- Mix an egg yolk with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Transfer the resulting mix on your head and leave it there for about an hour.
- Wash your head with a shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Repeat the same process on a weekly basis for combating oiliness.
4. Mint Juice + Honey
- Extract 1 tablespoon of mint juice and mix it with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Spread it all over your scalp and hair and let it stay like that for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off the residue with your regular shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Twice a month, indulge in this process to get excellent results.
5. Beer + Apple
- Mash a few pieces of an apple to get paste-like material before mixing it with ½ a cup of beer.
- Massage the material onto your scalp area and leave it there for another 20 minutes.
- Make use of lukewarm water and your regular shampoo to wash away the residue.
- Monthly application of this DIY mask can improve the state of your oily hair.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar + Coconut Oil
- Pour ½ a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to it.
- Transfer the resulting mask all over your head and let it stay on for good 20 minutes.
- Use tepid water and your usual shampoo to wash away the material from your head.
- Pamper your locks with this material to get great results.
7. Oatmeal + Amla Water
- Blend 2 teaspoons of cooked oatmeal with 2-3 tablespoons of amla water.
- Evenly spread the resulting mask all over your scalp area and tresses.
- Leave it to dry for about 20-25 minutes before cleansing off the material with tepid water.
- Again after a week, use the same mask to reduce the oiliness of your hair.
8. Rosemary Essential Oil + Almond Oil
- Create this mask by mixing 4 drops of rosemary essential oil and 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Put it on your head and allow it to dry for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash away the residue by using your usual shampoo and tepid water.
- Once a month, pamper your locks with this DIY mask to get grease-free hair.