Damaged hair is one among the common beauty problems that a majority of women are plagued with these days.
Hair breakage, split ends, dullness, roughness and many more hair-related problems are a sign of damage that you should not turn a blind eye to, as doing so will not exacerbate the problem and completely ruin the appearance of your precious tresses.
Innumerable reasons can cause damage to your hair. Some of the common ones are over-usage of heat styling tools, chemically-infused hair products, lack of proper care, unhealthy diet, etc.
Combating the signs of damaged hair would require you to make serious changes in your hair care routine and lifestyle. Apart from that, you can also treat your scalp and tresses with a few effective homemade packs that have been around since ages and have been revered for their effectiveness.
Here, we've listed the recipes for the homemade packs that can restore lustre and health to your damaged hair.
These packs are prepared with ingredients that contain hair-benefiting antioxidants and proteins that can restore health and shine to your otherwise damaged hair.
Help revive and rejuvenate your tresses by treating your damaged hair with any of the following packs.
Take a look at them here:
Note: Always test a concoction on a patch of your scalp prior to applying it all over your head.
1. Butter + Rose Water
- Melt a chunk of butter and mix it with 3-4 tablespoons of rose water. Massage the prepared pack all over your scalp area.
- Wrap your head with a shower cap and leave the material on for about an hour.
- Afterwards, wash your head with room temperature water and your favourite shampoo. Repeat the application of this pack on a weekly basis to treat damaged hair.
2. Milk Powder + Almond Oil
- Prepare this next hair pack by combining 1 teaspoon of milk powder and 2 tablespoons of almond oil. Evenly spread it all over your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and allow the pack to work its wonders for about half an hour.
- Wash off the residue with lukewarm water. Indulge in this at-home treatment for damaged and brittle hair on a biweekly basis to get great results.
3. Avocado + Chamomile Tea
- Cut an avocado into half and mash it thoroughly. Combine it with 2 tablespoons of unsweetened chamomile tea.
- Slather the pack all over your head and leave it there for about half an hour before washing it off with tepid water.
- Restore health and beauty to your damaged hair by applying this pack on a biweekly basis.
4. Egg White + Apple Cider Vinegar
- Just separate an egg white and mix it with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Smear the resulting material all over the roots and ends of your tresses.
- Let it be there for approximately an hour prior to washing your head with tepid water and your favourite shampoo.
- Help revive your damaged hair by using this incredible homemade pack on a biweekly basis.
5. Coconut Oil + Banana
- Thoroughly mash a ripe banana and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Massage the resulting pack all over your scalp area.
- Let the pack stay on your head for about 40-45 minutes prior to shampooing your head.
- Pamper your dull-looking damaged hair with this easy-to-make pack on a weekly basis to get great results.
6. Olive Oil + Yogurt
- Mix 2 tablespoons of each, fresh yogurt and olive oil. Mix until they become creamy and smooth.
- Spread the resulting pack all over your scalp and hair. Sit back and let the pack work its wonders for about 40 minutes before cleaning your head with a good shampoo and room temperature water.
- Nourish your damaged hair by using this miraculous pack once a week.
7. Mayonnaise + Aloe Vera Gel
- In a bowl, put 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of freshly scooped out aloe vera gel. Stir thoroughly for a while to get the pack ready.
- Apply this pack on your scalp and massage for a few minutes before leaving it on for another 40 minutes.
- Later on, use your regular shampoo and tepid water to wash away the residue from your head. Biweekly application of this pack should help you achieve healthy and better-looking tresses.
8. Honey + Green Tea
- Just combine 2 tablespoons of each, honey and green tea. Gently massage the pack on your slightly wet scalp.
- Sit back and relax while this hair pack works its magic. After 40 minutes, wash your head with lukewarm water.
- Application of this pack on a weekly basis can improve the appearance and health of your troubled locks.
9. Castor Oil + Jojoba Essential Oil
- Create this pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of castor oil and 4-5 drops of jojoba essential oil. Cover your scalp area with this pack.
- Let it sit there for about 20 minutes prior to cleaning it off with tepid water.
- Weekly usage of this pack can yield great results for your hair.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days