The summer vacations were fun. But the summer sun is extremely damaging to our skin and hair. Being out too long in the sun without protection can cause our skin to tan. It also damages our hair.
It is very important to never step outside without taking proper measures for protecting our skin and hair. Although our skin can be protected by a good sunscreen, our hair is often left neglected. Covering it with a scarf or a hat may not be a good option as the sun's powerful rays damage it anyways.
Sun-damaged hair becomes extremely dry and coarse. It becomes very rough and dull and this may also cause hair fall. If not treated soon, it may cause long time hair problems.
Your hair needs lots of repairing and moisturizing to bring it back to its normal self. And what better way to do this than simple natural remedies? Your hair is already damaged, so opting for chemical products can further aggravate the condition. Natural remedies are effective and safe and will restore your hair's natural health and shine.
Here are a few home-made natural remedies to treat sun-damaged hair.
1) Aloe Vera
When we are talking about moisturizing and repairing, what better ingredient than aloe vera? This simple aloe vera mask will replenish the lost moisture in your dry hair strands.
-Freshly cut aloe vera leaf.
-1 tablespoon honey
1) Cut the aloe leaf horizontally and extract the pulp into a bowl.
2) Add the honey and mix.
3) Apply this mixture onto the hair.
4) Leave on for an hour for it to work. Wear a shower cap.
5) Rinse your hair and repeat it twice a week.
2) Banana And Avocado Mask
These two ingredients are great on damaged and dull hair. After this treatment, your hair will become healthy and shiny in no time.
-1 ripe avocado
-1 ripe banana
-5-6 drops of wheat germ oil
1) Mash the banana.
2) Cut the avocado and scoop out the pulp.
3) Mix both the ingredients with the wheat germ oil.
4) Apply onto your hair and leave on for half an hour.
5) Wash off with a mild herbal shampoo. Repeat it at least once a week.
3) Olive Oil Treatment
Nothing like a hot oil therapy to give that extra TLC to your damaged tresses.
-1/2 cup of olive oil
-3 capsules of vitamin E
1) Cut the capsules of vitamin E and mix it with the olive oil.
2) Heat the mixture till it is just warm. Remember the oil shouldn't be too hot or it will further damage your hair.
3) Apply the warm mixture with a brush to your scalp and lengths of your hair.
4) Cover your hair with a shower cap and keep on for 20-25 minutes.
5) Wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat it once a week.
4) Egg Yolk
The classic remedy for damaged hair, egg yolk along with olive oil will instantly repair your hair so that you don't have to worry about bad hair days ever again.
-1 egg yolk
-3 tablespoon olive oil
-1 tablespoon natural raw honey
1) Whisk the egg yolk.
2) Add the honey and olive oil and whisk again.
3) Apply onto the hair lengths and keep on for 15-20 minutes.
4) Wash it off with a mild herbal shampoo and repeat every week.
These powerful remedies will make sure that your hair is repaired, with its original sheen back, and there are no traces of the once-there sun damage at all.
- 6 Super Foods That Fight SunBurn
- Sun Care Tips For Rainy Season
- Did You Know These Benefits Of Using Beer Shampoo?
- How To Bleach Your Hair Without Harming It
- Benefits Of Shea Butter For Soft And Shiny Hair
- How To Make Hair Gel At Home Using Simple Ingredients
- Banana And Lemon Hair Mask For Dry Hair
- 3-Ingredient DIY Moisturizing Mask For All Hair Types
- Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Wheat Germ Oil for Skin and Hair
- Aloe Vera And Honey Mask For Hair Growth
- Reasons Why You Should Use Sulphate-free Shampoo
- 9 Amazing Ways To Use Chia Seeds For Skin And Hair