It's the season of rain and gusty winds which makes all of our lives difficult. To add to our woes, our hair gets all unruly and it becomes very difficult to manage them. Styling our hair is another challenge in this humid climate.
The solution to this is hair spa. Hair spa is a treatment to rejuvenate your damaged and stressed tresses. Usually the hair-spa at a salon includes oiling, massaging, shampooing and conditioning your hair, which restores its shine.
Don't we all love the feel of our hair after a hair spa? Wish our hair could feel like that forever! But it's just not possible to visit a salon every time. So what do we do? Fret not. There are a host of ingredients right in your kitchen which will give your hair a salon-like hair spa at home.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do a salon-like hair spa, in the comfort of your home.
1) Comb Your Hair
The first step before starting the hair spa treatment at home is to open your hair and detangle it. It must be done in order to apply the oil evenly throughout the lengths and scalp.
Also Read:DIY remedies for faster hair growth
The first step towards healthy looking and nourished hair is oiling. Many of us do not oil our hair often because washing it off is a cumbersome process. Choosing the right oil for your hair type is essential. Massaging your hair while oiling, also promotes hair growth.
-Castor oil (all in equal amounts)
-Bowl and brush.
1) Mix all the oils in a bowl.
2) Warm it slightly in a microwave and apply on to the roots and lengths of the hair.
3) Massage the scalp gently. Remember the oil shouldn't be hot. Just lukewarm oil will help stimulate the hair follicles.
This step will ensure that the hair follicles open up and absorb the nutrients of the oils.
-Some warm water
1) Dip the towel in the warm water and squeeze out the excess water.
2) Wrap the now warm towel around the head.
3) Keep on for 5 minutes.
4) Repeat this process 4-5 times.
4) Deep Conditioning Special Mask
After oiling and steaming your hair, use this amazing deep conditioning mixture. It is a mix of all good ingredients such as avocado, banana, coconut cream, honey and vitamin E oil, which will work wonders and will give the ultimate treatment to your dry tresses.
-1 ripe avocado
-1 ripe banana
-3 tablespoons of coconut cream
-1 teaspoon honey
-2-3 Vitamin E capsules.
1) Remove the pulp of the avocado.
2) Mix it with the mashed ripe banana.
3) Add the coconut cream and honey.
4) Cut open the vitamin E capsules and add it to the mixture. (Skip the step if not available.)
5) Apply this to the oiled hair.
6) Cover your hair with a shower cap or warm towel and leave on for 2 hours to let the mixture work its magic.
5) Remove The Hair Mask
After 2 hours, open your hair and comb it with a wide-toothed comb to remove the mask from your hair. Also, try to detangle your hair before shampooing.
Wash your hair with a mild shampoo which does not contain harmful chemicals like SLS or Parabens. You might have to wash twice to get rid of the hair mask completely.
Condition your hair after shampooing, if you want to. You can also completely skip this step as the special hair mask you used earlier will condition your hair naturally.
8) Towel Dry
Do not use hair dryers immediately after this treatment. Let your hair dry naturally.
Your hair will appear healthy, bouncy and shiny without a trip to the spa! This at-home hair spa is tried and tested by many. It not only nourishes the hair from outside, the natural ingredients will make your hair stronger and healthier from inside and also more resilient to damage from the sun and pollution. Do try this hair spa at home at least once in 15 days.