- 2 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 5 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 18 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- News Farmers' Protest: Narendra Singh Tomar, Piyush Goel knocks Amit Shah's door to review situation
- Movies Kailash Kher On Facing Rejections During His Struggling Days: I Was So Dejected In Life That I Even Tried To Kill Myself
- Technology Infinix Smart HD 2021 Phone, Smart TV, Sound Bar To Launch This Month In India
- Finance Reliance Industries Tops Fortune India-500 List For Second Year In A Row
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
There can be a myriad of reasons for a flaky scalp. Sometimes, a flaky scalp can take place in patches only and it can also be dandruff. Dry patches on the scalp can be due to fungal or bacterial infection.
The bacterial infections are generally triggered by the Staphylococcus species and are likely to produce redness, swelling and pain. On the other hand, the fungal infections are very normal and one of the most general causes of dry and flaky patches.
The fungal infection in your scalp can be triggered by several fungal species. Seborrheic dermatitis can also be one of the various causes of dry patches on scalp.
The dry patches appearing on your scalp may also make your scalp dry, irritated, red and itchy because of which your hair may look very dull and dry. Sometimes, dry patches on your scalp can also be due to dry and cold weather, eczema, too much of shampooing, dietary deficiency, using too many hair products which contain alcohol.
There are a plethora of remedies for dry patches on your scalp. Read on to check out which one works best for you:
Mayonnaise offers nourishment to your scalp because it contains eggs. Mayonnaise also contains vinegar, which disinfects your scalp and also combats bacteria that cause itching and dryness. Take about half a cup of mayonnaise and apply it on your scalp. Massage your scalp nicely and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash your scalp and hair with water. Use this therapy twice in 7 days to get rid of the dry patches on scalp.
Use Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known for its cleaning and cooling properties and thus it helps to cure the dry patches on your scalp. Take fresh aloe vera gel from its leaf, blend it nicely and apply it on your scalp as well as your hair. Leave it for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with normal water. Use it daily for better results.
Take 5 tbsp of sugar and mix it with some olive oil. Apply it to your scalp. It will work like a scrub as you start massaging your scalp with it. Cleanse your hair as usual. Do this treatment daily to get rid of dead skin on your scalp, which is one of the main causes of dry patches on scalp.
Tea Tree Oil
Due to its anti-fungal properties, tea tree oil destroys the bacteria that cause flakes and dry patches. Take your normal shampoo and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it and then wash your hair and scalp with this mixture. Do it daily. Or you can also mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water and rinse your hair with this mixture after using your normal shampoo.
Baking soda helps to eradicate the various impurities and dead skin from your scalp. Massage your scalp with olive oil for a couple of minutes. Mix about 3 tbsp of baking soda with sufficient water and apply this paste on your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and thereafter wash it off with normal water. Do this remedy once or twice a week.
Neem helps to relieve dryness of the scalp because of its antifungal and antibacterial properties. Mix about one cup of neem leaves with two cups of water and heat it on a low flame. Strain the water and take out the leaves. Make a paste out of the neem leaves and apply it all over your scalp for about 30 minutes and then follow it with shampoo and rinse. Repeat this remedy twice a week to get rid of the dry patches on your scalp.