- 10 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 12 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 14 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 17 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- Movies Jayaram And Meera Jasmine To Team Up For Sathyan Anthikad's Next: Read Details Inside
- News Maharashtra COVID-19 guidelines: CM Uddhav Thackeray announces 15-day 'janta curfew' from Wednesday
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Five Indian athletes, including Olympics-qualified Priyanka Goswami, Covid 19 positive
- Technology Step By Step Guide To Unlock And Recover Files From Locked SD Card
- Automobiles Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
From churning out the world's most irresistible perfume, removing tan to giving your pout that enviable fullness, we have been using rose in our beauty regimen, since time immemorial, but did you know the rose hair mask can also make your hair baby soft and smooth?
Rose petal hair mask is a harbinger of all things good for your mane. Rose water is very mild, and it can repair damaged hair porosity and restore your hair's pH balance.
Rose has astringent properties that cleanse the scalp, remove product build-up, and close pores. Furthermore, it is rich in flavonoids and vitamin E that moisturise hair strands, seal cuticles and prevent breakage.
Add to that rose is rich in vitamins C, D and B3, which stimulate blood flow, promote regeneration of new hair cells and add an irresistible shine to your hair!
Making DIY rose petal hair mask is not as simple as mashing it into a fine paste and lathering up onto your scalp. You need to blend it with other equally therapeutic ingredients to get the balance just right.
Here is how you can use rose on hair!
Take half a cup of coconut oil and heat it on a low flame for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the oil cool down. Coconut oil contains small-chain fatty acids that are known to boost hair growth.
Next, add 5 drops of rosemary oil to the coconut oil. Mix it well. Rosemary oil is a stimulant that breaks down the excess sebum build-up on your scalp, makes your scalp healthy and adds bounce to your mane.
Put a handful of rose petals out in the sun to dry for 24 hours. Once it turns into a dark brown colour, grind the petals into a fine powder. Add a tablespoon of powder to the oil mixture and mix it well until it blends together.
If you have dry and frizzy hair, you can also add a tablespoon of honey to the hair mask for soft hair. Honey works as a natural humectant that nourishes and moisturises your locks.
Using a wide-toothed comb, remove all tangles from your hair. Avoid tugging your hair with comb too hard, and exert as little pressure as possible to minimize breakage.
Take the lukewarm oil mixture and apply it to your hair, focusing on the hair roots and scalp. For better application, divide your hair in small sections and then apply. Apply it to your scalp and then work your way down.
Gently massage your scalp with your fingertips for 5 to 10 minutes. If you have rough ends, make sure to saturate the ends with the rose petal mask.
Let the mask sit for a minimum of 45 minutes and then rinse it clean with a mild shampoo. Follow it up with a light conditioner that does not weigh your hair down.
Squeeze out the water from your hair and blot out the excess moisture with an old t-shirt. Let your hair air-dry naturally to prevent any frizz.
What You Should Do?
For the mask to seep in better, dip a cotton towel into hot water, wring out the excess water and wrap your hair with it. The steam will open pores, allowing the mask to work better.
Tweak the quantity of this mask to suit your hair type, thickness and length.
What To Expect?
Within the first application of this hair mask, you will notice your hair become visibly soft, smooth and silky. So, treat your hair to this mask at least once a week for best results!