- 3 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 5 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 6 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 6 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Damp towel could be the best thing to shine a ball: Ngidi on saliva ban
- Technology 18-Year-Old TikTok Creator Ends Life Following Ban; Depression Suspected
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Coconut oil vs. olive oil, which oil is better for the hair? A question we have asked ourselves way too many times, with next to no answers. Well, it is time to find the answers out, here!
We realised only way to find rational answers in this epic battle between coconut vs. olive oil is to gauge therapeutic properties of each oil and then compare between the two.
Starting with benefits of coconut oil for hair. Coconut oil's molecular weight is low, which helps it penetrate into the hair shaft better than any other oil.
Coconut oil does not easily breakdown or evaporate, helping hair retain moisture for longer, which in turn prevents breakage. Furthermore, coconut oil is a coolant by nature, which soothes and cools the scalp.
It contains lauric acid, which conditions hair, promoting its growth. And antibacterial properties are also present that help cleanse the dandruff and keep lice at bay.
Now, let us understand how olive oil works for hair growth. DTH hormone on scalp is the main reason behind weakening of hair follicles and subsequent hair fall. Olive oil neutralises this hormone and therefore reduces hair loss.
It is packed with antioxidants that cleanse the scalp and restore its pH balance. It stimulates blood flow, which in turn promotes the regeneration of new hair follicles.
So, the above-mentioned points finally bring us down to the real question, "is olive oil better for the hair or coconut oil?"
Coconut Oil Vs. Olive Oil, Which Is The Better Oil For Hair?
Coconut oil! Yes, hands down it has to be coconut oil. It contains more saturated fat than olive oil, which can make hair grow more thicker and stronger. Besides, molecular weight of coconut oil is lighter than olive oil, therefore coconut oil easily gets absorbed into the hair shaft. Olive oil can end up making your hair look very greasy and limp. So, in case if you like leaving hair oil longer to saturate into your scalp, we would definitely suggest you to use coconut oil!
How To Use Coconut Oil?
Follow this step-by-step procedure to know the right technique:
Take half a cup of coconut oil in a pan and heat it on a low flame. After 1 minute, turn off the heat. Allow the oil to cool in room temperature. Lukewarm oil further stimulates the scalp, better nourishing the hair strands and boosting growth.
Add a few drops of rosemary oil to the mixture. Not more than 5 drops. Rosemary oil is a stimulant, which can improve collagen and elastin count of the hair. It also keeps hair from becoming excessively greasy.
If you have a yeast buildup on scalp, with flaky dandruff, add a few drops of lemon to the mixture. Citric acid and vitamin C present in lemon help break down the yeast, clearing dandruff, plus adding an enviable shine to your hair.
Comb your hair to remove all tangles. Hold your hair mid-length and then run the comb at the end to remove all tangles without breaking the hair strands.
Dip a cotton ball into the oil, and apply it liberally through your scalp. Once your scalp is well oiled, take oil in the palm of your hands and apply it to your hair length.
Massage the scalp in a circular motion, using the soft bud of your fingers to stimulate your scalp and help the oil seep in better. Tie your hair in a loose bun and cover it with a shower cap. Let the coconut oil hair mask sit for an hour.
Later, shampoo and condition as usual. Wring out the excess water from your scalp. Blot the moisture using an old towel. And wrap your hair in the towel. Let your hair air-dry naturally. For best results, treat your hair to coconut oil mask once a week. Hope this post answered your query regarding coconut oil versus olive oil, which is the better oil for hair!