While you prepare yourself for attending any occasion, you wish to be the center of attention. You choose your dress, accessories and shoes accordingly. Also you concentrate on your makeup and hairstyle. But there is something more inportant that you should take care of. Your picture perfect appearance can be ruined if you have body odor or smelly hair. Such things can embarrass you at public place.
Nobody wants to be in such awkward situation. Therefore, it’s high time to know solutions to treat smelly hair. Before that you need to know why your hair stinks. Generally, it is a problem of oily hair. If your hair and scalp is oily, the dust and pollution can be attracted to your scalp and can make your hair stinky. Often excessive dandruff can also make your hair smelly. So what are 6 solutions to treat smelly hair?
You can buy any chemical products from market. But those may have some side effects. You’re not also aware about the ingredients in those products. So, try to follow homemade solutions to treat smelly hair. You don’t have to search a lot for such remedies. Search your kitchen and refrigerator and you’ll find more than 6 solutions to treat smelly hair-
1. Baking Soda- One of the most effective remedies among 6 solutions to treat smelly hair. As it reduces the oiliness of scalp, you can also control the bad odor of hair. Take one part baking soda and mix it with 3 parts water. Always apply it on damp hair. Rinse after 5 minutes.
2. Tea Tree Oil- The antimicrobial properties in it solves your problem of stinky hair. As tea tree oil is very useful to cure dandruff, your hair won’t have any foul smell. Dilute few drops of oil in water and massage gently on your scalp. Shampoo your hair after that.
3. Tomato Paste- There are lots of solutions to treat smelly hair. Tomato is one of those. Make a paste of tomatoes and apply to your hair and scalp 30 minutes before shampooing. Tomato maintains the pH balance of your hair and reduces smell.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar- End your search for 6 solutions to treat smelly hair with this ingredient. Make a solution of apple cider vinegar with water and add few drops of essential oil in it. You can pour lavender or rose oil in it.
5. Lavender Oil- Essential oils are effective to reduce smell from hair. Lavender oil has antibacterial and anti fungal components which cure any kind of inflammation or scalp infection. After shampooing your hair with mild shampoo, dry it completely. Now, pour few drops of lavender oil on your palm and massage throughout our scalp.
6. Orange- 6 solutions to treat smelly hair must include orange. There are several ways to use orange on your hair. Orange peel is the best thing to bring a soothing fragrance to your hair. Boil powdered peel and let it cool down. Now wash your hair with the solution.
So, here are 6 solutions to treat smelly hair. You can also use onion, curd, neem oil etc. to deodorize your hair. Besides reducing bad smell, such ingredients also provide nutrients to your scalp and enhance healthy hair growth.