- 2 hrs ago What Casual Outfits Did Khushi, Sharmin, Ananya, And Janhvi Wear Recently?
- 2 hrs ago Woman Gets Fired For Sending An OK Emoji To Her Boss
- 15 hrs ago Malaika Arora Or Sonakshi Sinha: Whose Ethnic Suit Would You Choose For Your Wardrobe?
- 23 hrs ago Coconut Oil For Teeth: Benefits And How To Use It
- Movies Tiger Shroff- Disha Patani BREAK-UP; Is This Person To Be Blamed?
- News Bank jobs: IDBI bank announces 600 Assistant Manager vacancies; Online application for PGDBF begins
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Automobiles Tata Motors Updates Nexon With New Interior Features
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Open Sale Amazon – Punch-Hole Display And Triple Rear Cameras For Rs. 19,990
- Finance RITES Board Approves Bonus Share Issue
- Sports Uncertain Koulibaly suspects he will stay at Napoli
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Hot water shower is the most refreshing thing at the end of a long and tiring day. Hot water showers are good to get rid of muscle pain and also freshen up your mood. But hot water can damage your hair beyond repair. So while we are really craving for a hot water bath in the winters, you need to get some facts right. The first and foremost thing would be to know, whether hot water actually causes hairfall?
It has been repeatedly said by hair experts that hot water can cause hairfall though many of you may not be sure why this happens. But hot water also raises the body temperature which is a welcome thought in the cold winter season. So do you choose in favour of your hair or your body?
Here are some of the reasons why you should avoid a hot water shower even in the winters.
Hot water causes hairfall. This is because hot water opens up the hair pores. This makes the hair loose at the roots. As a result, when you dry your hair after a hot shower, it comes out in piles.
Hot water can burn the hair. You must understand that hair is made up of keratin which is a protein. What happens to proteins when they are over-cooked or over-heated? Thats exactly what happens to the proteins in your hair; they are denatured. So if you douse your hair with water that is too hot, then the proteins in your hair will get denatured or burnt.
Shampoo and hot water are a bad combination. You do need lukewarm water to shampoo your hair. There is a difference between searing hot and lukewarm. When you shampoo your hair, there is anyway a tendency to loose hair. But if you use hot water on your hair, you are adding fuel to the fire. You will have hairfall by bunches.
You need cold shower after conditioning. Your hair wash is in complete without using a conditioner or mousse. But using hot water on your hair after applying conditioner is a sin. It defeats the purpose of conditioning your hair. It washes away all the softening effects of the conditioner on your hair.
So, we can say that a hot shower does more harm than good to hair. But it is also true that hot water showers can really soothe pain from your muscles. The only possible solution is to not take a head bath with hot water. Use hot water to wash your body and wash your hair with cold water.