- 10 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 11 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 13 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 16 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Five Indian athletes, including Olympics-qualified Priyanka Goswami, Covid 19 positive
- Movies Ankita Lokhande, Rahul Vaidya, Urvashi Dholakia And Other TV Celebs Wish Fans Happy Gudi Padwa
- News Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls for united global efforts to defeat COVID-19 pandemic
- Technology Step By Step Guide To Unlock And Recover Files From Locked SD Card
- Automobiles Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Excessive usage of nail paints and removers can lead to discolouration. And, stained nails look unappealing and unhealthy.
If you too, like countless other women, have yellow stains on your nails and feel conscious and embarrassed to keep the nails polish-free, then it is about time to tackle this problem.
And, the best way to do that would be by using potent home remedies that can combat discolouration and help you attain stain-free nails. To make things simpler for you, we've brought together a list of incredibly effective remedies that can make your yellow nails a thing of the past.
All the below-stated remedies are loaded with bleaching properties that can tackle the discolouration problem from the roots. Just dedicate a few minutes of your time to try out these remedies and you'll be able to flaunt polish-free nails without any hesitation.
Take a look at these wonderful remedies, here:
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda acts as an exfoliating agent capable of removing yellow stains for good. Just mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 3-4 teaspoons of distilled water. Slather the resulting paste onto your nails and leave it there for a few minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Try this once a week to banish the stains from your nails.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another effective remedy that can remove yellow stains from your nails. Just combine a few drops of this oil with olive oil and slather the resulting concoction all over the affected area. Allow it to dry for a good 10-15 minutes. Once done, rinse your nails with lukewarm water. Repeat the application of this remedy on a weekly basis to attain stain-free nails.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar can effectively remove discolouration in your nails. Just put ½ a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl full of lukewarm water. Soak your nails into the solution and keep them soaked for 5-10 minutes. This homemade soak can be used on a weekly basis to banish yellow nails.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is known to be replete with bleaching agents that can combat nail discolouration in an effective manner. Just put 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in a big bowl full of warm water. Soak your stained nails into this homemade solution. Keep them soaked for 3-4 minutes before rinsing off the residue with lukewarm water. Repeat this process on a weekly basis to get stain-free nails.
5. Orange Juice
Orange juice is a great source of citric acid that can whiten the yellow-stained nails. Dip a cotton ball into freshly extracted orange juice. Then, rub it all over the stained nails. Let the juice work its wonders for about 4-5 minutes before rinsing your nails with lukewarm water. This at-home treatment can be tried 2-3 times in a week for positive results.
6. Whitening Toothpaste
Whitening toothpastes can also come in handy for removing discolouration from your nails. Just apply a little bit of this toothpaste all over your nails and leave it there for a good 10-15 minutes before rinsing off the material with lukewarm water. This process can be tried 2-3 times in a week for attaining clean and clear nails.
7. Juniper Berries
Juniper berries can work wonders on discoloured nails, as they are loaded with disinfectants and whitening properties. Smash 5-6 juniper berries and mix the paste with 1 teaspoon of rose water. Apply the resulting paste all over your nails and leave it there for 20 minutes, prior to washing it off with tepid water. Repeat this 4-5 times in a week to bid adieu to stained nails.