It is the constant growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that cause skin and hair problems. Did you know you could use buttermilk on the skin and hair?
The health benefits of buttermilk are plenty. Today, we bring to you the beauty benefits of buttermilk, whose rich lactic acid and alpha-hydroxy acid content, along with Vitamins A, D and B12 plus probiotics, phosphorus, protein, potassium, selenium and calcium, makes it a must add ingredient to your beauty care regime.
The best part is, buttermilk can be used both on the skin and hair in different ways by combining it with other simple ingredients, depending on the present condition of your hair or skin.
The astringent properties of buttermilk ace to treat critical skin problems. To prepare buttermilk at home, you will have to mix a few spoons of curd with plain water into a smooth paste and let it rest at room temperature till thick and ready.
Buttermilk And Orange Peel Powder: To Reduce Marks And Scars On Skin
1 teaspoon of orange peel
3-5 tablespoons of buttermilk
- To prepare the orange peel, sun dry orange peels and grind it into a powder. You can store orange peel powder in an air-tight container.
- Mix orange peel and buttermilk together to a smooth paste.
- You can massage this around the mark or scar area and apply it gently on the tip of the mark or scar.
- Let the buttermilk mix dry and then wash with normal water.
Buttermilk With Almond Oil And Rose Water: Skin Cleanser And Nourishment Provider
1/2 small cup of buttermilk
5-8 drops of almond oil
1 tablespoon of rose water
- The buttermilk with almond oil and rose water mix can be used as a skin scrubber, as it is very liquid like in texture.
- First mix all the ingredients - Buttermilk, Almond Oil And Rose Water.
- Using a cotton pad, apply the mixture all over your skin and scrub to rinse off the dirt and pollutants.
- Let this be on your skin for half-an-hour and then wash off.
Buttermilk With Honey - Skin Whitener
1 tablespoon of buttermilk
1 tablespoon of organic honey
- To prepare this skin whitener, you have to use an equal amount of buttermilk and honey.
- Apply the buttermilk and honey mix on your skin like a lotion and massage.
- Let it be on your skin for up to 20-30 minutes and then wash off.
- This can be used on your skin every day for faster results.
Buttermilk With Gram Flour/Besan And Turmeric Powder – Anti Tan Pack
3 tablespoons of buttermilk
1 teaspoonful of gram flour/besan
1 pinch of turmeric powder
1 small bowl
- In the bowl, mix all the ingredients - buttermilk, gram flour/besan and turmeric powder together to make a thick paste.
- Using your fingers, apply this all over your tanned skin.
- Let the anti-tan pack dry on your skin for 15 minutes and then wash.
Buttermilk And Tomato With Olive/Almond Oil – For Oily Skin
1/2 small cup of buttermilk
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
5 drops of olive oil/almond oil
5 drops of rose water
- As there is extra dirt on oily skin, this buttermilk and tomato with oil pack helps to get rid of that.
- Mix all the ingredients - buttermilk, tomato puree, olive/almond oil and rose water in the right ratio.
- As this is a liquid, you will need a cotton pad to dab the solution on your skin. Apply little extra on the areas where you think there is extra oil secretion.
- Wash with cold water.
- This can be used for up to three times in a week.
Buttermilk And Lime – Hair Dandruff
1 small cup of buttermilk
2 lemons (only the juice)
- Mix the buttermilk and lime juice together.
- Using your fingers, massage this into your hair from scalp to tips.
- Do let the buttermilk and lime be on your hair for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse off and follow this with a mild shampoo session.
Buttermilk, Egg, And Banana With Honey: Hair Hydrating Mask
1/2 a small cup of buttermilk
1 small ripe banana
5 small drops of extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
- In the mixer, first, blend the banana pieces to a paste.
- To the banana paste, add the honey and oil and mix thoroughly.
- Next, break the egg and add into the hair mask you are preparing. Just mix the egg into the paste and not whisk/blend it.
- Apply the buttermilk, egg, and banana with honey maks all over your hair. Let this be on your hair for 30 minutes.
- Go for a mild shampoo session.