Making soap at home is inexpensive and satisfying, as you can choose the ingredients to be used according to your preference. Making soap at home ensures that there are no chemical or artificial preservatives added to the soap, which can otherwise lead to skin rashes and allergies. You can make your own soap at home, and let me tell you that it is one among the luxurious ways to treat and pamper yourself.
So, here, we would be sharing 2 such homemade soap recipes that you could try your hand at. Check them out.
1. Lemon Soap
If you are a citrus fragrance lover, you should prefer using lemon soap. Lemon soap is essential for those who sweat. Using lemon can help to keep your skin refreshed and cool all at the same time. Due to anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties found in lemon, it can help prevent skin allergies, especially during the summer season. Here, we mention to you how to make your own lemon soap at home.
Ingredients You'd Need:
- 10-12 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1-2 drops of orange essential oil
- 1½ cup of goat milk soap base
- ½ cup of shea butter
- Take goat milk soap base and cut it into pieces. Cut the shea butter in small pieces as well. Now keep the cubes and microwave them for at least 15 minutes. Make sure the soap and the shea butter are melted well.
- Once the shea butter and goat milk soap base have melted completely, add 10-12 drops of lemon essential oil. Later, add 1-2 drops of orange essential oil. Make sure you stir the essential oils well with the soap.
- Now pour the solution in soap molds and allow the soap to dry and harden. Do not touch or try to remove the soap before 1 hour.
- Once it is completely dry, press the mold to release the soap. If needed, you can also add some lemon zest at the top of the melted soap before it sets into a hard soap.
2. Oatmeal Soap
If you are looking for a good homemade soap and a body scrub combined, you could use this oatmeal soap. Oatmeal soap has natural exfoliating properties that help to remove the dead skin cells and also promote healthy skin. Oatmeal also helps to shrink pore size, thus giving you smooth and supple skin. Instead of using an oatmeal face mask, you can make your own oatmeal soap, so that you can use it on a regular basis. Check out on how to make the oatmeal soap at home.
Ingredients You'd Need:
- 1½ cups of goat milk soap base
- One bowl of oats
- 1-3 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop of lemon essential oil
- 1 drop of olive oil
- 1-2 drops of sweet almond oil
- Take goat milk soap base and cut it into small pieces, so that the pieces melt easily. Now microwave the goat milk soap base for 15 minutes and make sure it melts completely. If you are using the whole block of soap, it may take some time to melt.
- Now add one bowl of oats to it and grind it in a mixture. Make sure you get a fine powder of oats, so that it mixes well with the goat soap base.
- Add one drop of lemon essential oil, one drop of olive oil, 1-2 drops of sweet almond oil and 1-3 drops of rosemary essential oil. If you want the soap to smell like a rose, you can add a few drops of rose essential oil as well.
- Stir all the ingredients well and transfer the mixture to the soap mold. Allow the soap to dry for one hour. Remove the soap from the mold and use it on a regular basis.
- If needed, you can also add two spoons of coffee to the oats soap, so that it helps to rejuvenate your skin well.