- 1 hr ago ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- 6 hrs ago ICW 2020: Amit Aggarwal’s Latest Collection Is About Soothing Underwater Hues
- 12 hrs ago The Correct Order Of Applying Hair Products
- 15 hrs ago Aloo Bhujiya Recipe: Enjoy Your Meal With Dry Aloo Fry Sabzi
- News Schools to reopen in these states from Monday: Check list
- Sports Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Kepa makes another howler
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Reflects Upon Life Before 40th Birthday, Shares A Glimpse Of Her Birthday Prep!
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Automobiles EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
There is no one who doesn't dream of having a flawless and radiant skin; however, not everybody has it. Our unhealthy lifestyles, age, pollution, etc., make it difficult to achieve and maintain a clear and youthful skin.
Dark spots, freckles, pigmentation and an uneven skin tone are some of the most commonly occurring skin conditions. Pigmentation occurs due to being overexposed to the sun.
Also Read: Best Ayurvedic Remedies To Treat Acne
The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun can damage your skin in many ways. Your genes and hormonal changes can also play a great role in causing dark patches on various parts of your body.
Luckily, there are some extremely easy home remedies that can help you in dealing with these dark spots and patches. Following are some of the best remedies.
Lemon is extremely well known for its spot-reducing properties. It has citric acid in it and thus acts as a natural beaching agent. You can directly apply lemon juice with the help of a cotton ball at the affected area and leave it for 10-15 mins, then rinse with water.
Potatoes have been used to treat pigmentation for years. The catecholase enzyme present in potatoes help in reducing dark spots. Simply extract the juice of a potato by grating and then squeezing it. Add some lemon juice to this potato juice and apply to the dark areas. Leave it for about 30 mins and then rinse.
Make a paste of 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on the pigmented area. Keep this paste for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse with water. Turmeric is considered to be very beneficial in treating a number of skin ailments. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Regular application of papaya on the pigmented skin helps in lightening the spots and in making the skin tone even. It contains an enzyme known as Papain, which is great in exfoliation of the skin, thus erasing the pigmented layers and bringing out the fresh clearer skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
An excellent way to lighten skin tone and reduce pigmentation is through apple cider vinegar. It is quite recognized for its astringent properties and is also very helpful in restoring the natural colour of the skin. Mix apple cider and water in equal amounts and rinse the affected area. Keep for 2-3 minutes and rinse again with lukewarm water. Alternatively, you can make a concoction of 2 tablespoons of apple cider, 1 tablespoon of honey and a glass of warm water, and drink it in the morning and night for a few weeks.
Also Read: Ways To Combat Dull And Drab Skin!
Another great remedy to get rid of pigmented skin is the application of aloe vera gel. Aloe vera helps in rejuvenating the skin by removing the dead skin cells and promoting growth of new ones. All you have to do is apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area every night before going to sleep.
7. Onion Juice:
Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, onion juice can be applied directly to the skin, left for 10 minutes and then rinsed off for a lighter and clearer skin tone.
8. Almonds :
Being extremely rich in Vitamin E, almonds can do wonders in treating dark spots. All you need to do is soak 5 almonds overnight in water and in the morning grind them to make a fine paste. You can also add honey or/and lemon to this. Apply on the affected area and leave it overnight.