- 5 hrs ago What Are Phytonutrients? What Are Their Benefits To Human Health?
- 8 hrs ago Mars Transit in Pisces On 17 May 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 10 hrs ago Cannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- 12 hrs ago World Hypertension Day: Hypertension, Holistic Healthcare Through Ayurveda And Yoga (Expert Article)
- Movies Nakuul Mehta Says He Hasn't Switched On TV For The Last 2 Years After His Son Was Born For THIS Reason
- News Ram temple construction at Ayodhya on schedule
- Sports IPL 2022: Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad: Tripathi, Garg, Pooran propel SRH to 193/6
- Finance This Is How RBI’s DigiSaathi Will Help You
- Education World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022: History, Significance And Quotes About HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- Travel Best Museums In Bangalore
- Automobiles Keeway K-Light 250V, Viesta 300 & Sixties 300i Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Technology OnePlus Ace Racing Edition Spotted On India’s Official Website; Launch Expected Soon
Do you have dry flaky skin in the ear canal and are looking for remedies? Is the skin around your ears excessively itchy? You have a condition known as seborrheic dermatitis.
The reason behind the itchy, crusty and scaly ears can be as simple as change in weather condition, usage of new shampoo, to more complex like yeast buildup or hormonal imbalance!
Symptoms you need to look out for are dry skin on ears, coupled with itchy sensation, slight pain to watery discharge.
What you need to do for dry flaky skin and what are the remedies you ask? Well, start by avoiding cleaning the ear canals too often or too vigorously. Doing this disrupts the protective wax on the ear drums, leaving ear canal vulnerable and prone to flaking.
Check the ingredients in your shampoo and face cleanser, test if any of the ingredient is causing allergic reaction, if so change it immediately.
If you have overgrowth of yeast on the area, cleanse and moisturise it often to keep the place clean. Avoid getting soap or shampoo into the ears. Wear a tight cap when shampooing. Let your ears dry naturally after a shower.
Other than that, here are 10 home remedies to treat dry flaky skin in ears.
Petroleum jelly is an intense emollient, which alleviates itchy skin, removes dryness, helping the skin lock in the moisture, which accelerates the healing process. Take a pinch of the jelly between your finger and massage it on your ears gently. Avoid applying inside the ear canal.
Allicin and antioxidant in aloe vera restore the pH balance, soothe inflammation and reduce swelling. Peel an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel in a bowl, massage it to the dry flaky skin in the ear canal. Let it get absorbed on its own. Repeat it twice a day.
Vitamin E, antioxidants and oleic acid in olive oil can heal, nourish and promote regeneration of new skin cells. Take a dropper, add 1 or 2 drops of oil directly into the canal. Using your fingertips, massage the area to distribute the oil. Try this remedy for dry skin in ear canals once a week.
Coconut Oil + Tea Tree Oil
Lauric acid in coconut oil will hydrate the skin and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil will kill the infection-causing bacteria. Mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil, and massage the area around your ears with this solution, twice a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Antiseptic properties of the vinegar will break down the yeast build up, relieve itchiness, cleanse the area of dead skin build up and kill any bacteria. Mix apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water and massage it to the area. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wipe it clean with a wet towel. Repeat once a day.
To keep the white flakes in ear canal from forming again, you need to remove the crust and excess oil. Dip a thin fiber cloth in lukewarm water, wring out the excess moisture, and gently remove the crust and flakes around the ear. Be careful not to insert the cloth too deep into your ear canal.
Olive Oil + Garlic Oil
Both the oils together contain antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, which work as a ear drop, clearing yeast and killing bacteria.
Mix both oils together in an equal proportion and massage it onto your ears. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with plain water.
Mix 1 part alcohol with 1 part white vinegar, using a dropper put a drop or two inside your ear canal. Hold it for a few seconds and then drain it out. Alcohol melts away the wax, whereas acetic acid of vinegar kills the infection-causing bacteria.
Take a pinch of pure shea butter and rub it on the area around your ears to treat dry flaky skin in the ears. Its deep emollient properties will treat white flakes in ears. Repeat this twice a day and let it get absorbed naturally.
Almond oil is packed to the brim with vitamin E and antioxidants, which promote healthy skin and remove flaky dry skin in the ears. Take a few drops of the oil in the palm of your hand and massage it to your ears, leave it on overnight. Repeat once a day.
These remedies for dry flaky skin on ears will remove the white flakes in the ear canal, heal and nourish the skin. However, to eliminate any possibility of side effects, make sure to patch test it first. And if the condition still persists, consult a doctor.
- skin care8 Tomato Masks For Minor Skin Conditions Like Dryness, Dullness, Acne Etc.
- skin careIs Taking A Hot Water Shower Daily Good For Your Skin? 7 Reasons It May Not Be A Good Idea
- skin careSay Goodbye To Dry Skin This Winter Season: 11 Tips And Tricks
- body care7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- disorders cureWhat Is Winter Rash? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- skin careUse These Home Remedies To Beat The Most Common Winter Skin Problems
- body careHow To Use Pumice Stone To Heal Dry And Cracked Feet
- body care7 Home Remedies For Dry Skin On Hands
- make up tipsStruggling With Cakey Make-up? Here Is Your Guide To Applying Make-up On Dry Skin
- hair careFungal Infection On Scalp A Cause Of Concern? Here Are Some Effective Remedies To Treat It
- skin careThese DIY Banana Peel Face Masks Are The Answer To Your Various Skin Issues
- skin care10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin