Pregnant or not, stretch marks is a common problem that most of the girls face. Those swirly white patterns crisscrossing over your body, seem so permanently etched that we pretty much learn to live with it. We admit getting defeated, before we even attempt to fight.
We do not blame you, you are not the only one. While scientifically there are no ways to permanently erase the stretch marks, you can certainly lighten and prevent them from occurring.
So, what causes stretch marks? It occurs when there is a break in the middle layer of the skin called dermis, leading the skin below that to show through, giving rise to stretch marks.
Also Read: Ways To Hide Postnatal Stretch Marks
One common reason for stretch marks is pregnancy, as your body stretches to accommodate a new life. Other being, rapid weight gain, during adolescence when your body goes through a growth spurt. And the less known cause is Caucasian, a condition which makes your skin pale.
Over-the-counter products may be effective; however, their chemical composition can put you at a risk of side effects. Hence, here is an all-organic body butter recipe that can lighten stretch marks, while leaving your skin nourished and supple.
Main ingredients in our DIY include mango butter, coconut oil, rosehip seed oil and tamanu oil.
Mango butter is a strong carrier of vitamins A, C & E, which is a natural emollient that promotes skin regeneration and reduces scarring.
Other than having rich antibacterial and antifungal properties, coconut oil is also a natural moisturising agent. It works by penetrating deep into skin cells, preventing stretch marks.
Rosehip oil is packed with vitamin C and fatty acids, which reduces skin discolouration and boosts collagen production. Tamanu oil, on the other hand, has proven to show exceptional results on scarred areas.
When these therapeutic ingredients are whipped into a body butter, you can expect nothing less than absolute miracle.
- ½ a cup of mango butter
- ¼ a cup of unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ a cup of rosehip seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of tamanu oil
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Essential oil of your choice
Also Read: Remedies To Remove Underarm Stretch Marks
Method Of Preparation & Application:-
- Melt mango butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. Whisk until they combine well.
- Stir in the rosehip seed oil, tamanu oil, vitamin E gel and essential oils. Keep stirring until they blend well together.
- Pour the solution in a jar and leave it to solidify at room temperature. Once it becomes thick, whip the mixture again, until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Store it in an air-tight container, in a cool dry place. Use it as and when required. One tub should last you for about 12 months.
Therefore, this easy-to-make body butter will not just reduce the stretch marks, but also give you a radiant glow. Do give it a try and let us know your inputs at the comment section below.