Dead skin can make your skin look dull and, well, dead! You can use some home ingredients to buff and polish up your skin in no time.
Most people don't realise that scrubbing or buffing the body skin is as important as the face skin. Although the dullness of dead skin has more of an impact on the face, it is really important indeed.
But, this does not mean that you have to go and spend all of your money on some fancy body polish or scrub. With some simple and inexpensive home ingredients, you can make your very own homemade body scrubs.
Most of the brands use plastic microbeads in such products, which along with being expensive are also harmful for the environment. So, go the natural way and save your skin, money and the environment!
After all, to make your skin look its best, it is really important to get rid of the top layer of dead skin, so that newer, clear skin can show up, and even your body skin looks as good as your face.
Here are the DIY remedies and the best ways to buff your skin and polish it, right at home, take a look!
1. Brown Sugar: Mix powdered brown sugar with olive oil to make the best body polish ever. Use this in slow circular motions to buff away all the dead skin flakes.
2. Coffee: Ground coffee powder can be mixed with olive oil to make a really good scrub. This scrub is best for people who wish to have firmer skin.
3. Sea Salt: Mix sea salt with almond oil. The almond oil makes sure that the abrasiveness of the sea salt does not get too harsh on your skin.
4. Honey: Honey is a natural humectant and is also a very good gentle exfoliant. This gets rid of dead skin cells without being abrasive and even provides moisture.
5. Cinnamon: If you want a body polish that scrubs and soothes the skin at the same time, mix cinnamon with honey. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe the skin. Plus, this will smell amazing.
6. Salt: Mix salt with your everyday body wash to make the easiest way to buff your skin at home. This is a really good trick if you are dealing with ingrown hair.
7. White Sugar: Mix powdered white sugar with lemon juice to make your very own skin-lightening body polish.
8. Baking Soda: This remedy is best for people who have oily skin or are suffering from body acne. Mix baking soda and water and use this paste to scrub your skin to remove those dead skin cells away.
9. Oats: Oats are very gentle on the skin. So, even people who have eczema can rely on this scrub. Mix crushed oats with water and then rub this mixture on your body for this best ingredient to buff skin effectively.
10. Papaya: The enzymes in papaya get rid of dead skin cells without too much of an effort. Apply mashed papayas on your body and leave it there for ten to fifteen minutes and then wash it off.
11. Strawberry: Strawberry seeds can really help exfoliate the skin without being harsh at all. Mash the strawberries and that's it, then just use it to notice baby-soft skin.
12. Turmeric: Turmeric is one such ingredient that has multiple skin care benefits. Use turmeric mixed with milk and apply it all over your body after waiting for 15 minutes and then rinse to reveal radiant, new skin.