It is not so difficult to find nosey people; they are simply all over the place. They exist in your family, invade your friend circles and also disturb your peace at work. Sometimes you are tempted to feel that the word is under an epidemic of interfering people and all of them are in your life! There is no need to despair because this category of people from your crazy boss to your wily mother in law are easy to deal with provided you can keep your poise.
Never lose your dignity to people who are not worth it and in order to that you can take help from this foolproof tricks deal successfully with nosey people.
Tips To Deal With Nosey People:
1. Interfering people get most irritated when they can't fish the information they want out of you. So the easiest way to put them off is to turn a deaf ear to them. Let them dig as deep as they want but you stay put and just do not tell them what the want to hear. It will irritate them no end and they will the one making the mistakes not you.
2. If you are unfortunate enough to have a crazy boss then it might be difficult to ignore a direct question but you can definitely dilly dally with vague answers. Obviously your crazy boss cannot ask you ' tell me the latest office gossip about me' so you are not in any real danger.
3. Once you learn the art of dealing with nosey people you might actually start enjoying it. There are few things in the world more satisfying than holding back information from someone you don't particularly like, especially if that person is dying for that information.
4. Office politics usually happens because of this category of people. You can neither be in it nor out of it. You just have to make sure that you don't become subject to it. The only way to ensure that is be the world's best secret keeper. Hear everything and say nothing unless in dire need.
5. Sometimes you need to be a notch more direct with those interfering in your life. Your friends fall under this category. Common friends can be the worst relationship breakers. They keep passing tid bits of information from you to your partner and back; finally you two get caught in the web of misrepresentation. Be stern and tell them to mind their own business.
6. Moving on to a more sensitive issue; what do you do if you have an interfering mom in law. You cannot break all ties with her and it is easier deal with a crazy boss than a crazy mom in law. So be diplomatic and take your partner into your confidence. Both of you tell her together, 'mom this is our private affair, don't bother yourself'. Period.
Use these tricks to deal with all the nosey people in your life.