Garlic and onion are two ingredients that make the dishes tasty. The smell of these ingredients can add a flavour to the dish but, the same smell from the clothes, mouth and utensils can make you feel yuck! The smell of onion and garlic is very strong. It lasts for a long time. You cannot avoid cooking dishes without these ingredients so, here are few tips to get rid of the onion and garlic smell.
Ways to get rid of onion and garlic
- Rub salt on your palms for 2 minutes. Wash with warm water. You can also make a paste of salt and water. Apply on the palms and let it dry. Rinse with cold water. Salt not only helps to get rid with onion and garlic odour but also exfoliates the skin.
- Soak your hands in tomato juice. Mash a tomato and soak your palms especially fingertips in it for 4-5 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Apply lemon juice. Just rub a slice of lemon to remove the smell of onion or garlic from your hands.
- One of the easiest ways to remove the smell of onion or garlic from the hands is to rub a metal or steel item. Use a stainless steel spoon and rub under the running water for a minute.
- Wash your utensil with a detergent soap and then rub a lemon slice on it. You can also use lemon juice to get rid of onion and garlic smell from the utensils.
- The odour of onion and garlic doesn't easily go from the glasses too! You can either wash with a slice of lemon followed by detergent soap, or apply peanut butter or baking soda.
- Grease peanut butter on the utensils and leave for 10 minutes. Wash the utensils with hot water to make them smell fresh.
- After hogging garlic and raw onion, you will definitely get the odour of these ingredients from the mouth. Just wash your mouth with tooth paste after the meal.
- Have a spoon of mustard paste. Apart from applying it to make sandwiches, you can also use it as a remedy to get rid of onion or garlic odour form the mouth.
- Drink lemon or orange juice, strawberry shake or green tea. These beverages refresh your mood and prevents mouth odour.
- One of the most common ways to remove the smell of onion or garlic from the clothes is to wash it with lemon. Soak the clothes in water and lemon juice solution for 20-25 minutes. Lemon makes the clothes smell fresh and also removes stains from the fabric.
- Soak the clothes in baking soda. Add 2tsp baking soda in half a bucket of water and then soak your clothes.
Which other ways do you use to remove the smell of this odour?