Your favourite and priceless cds get scratches after multiple uses. This can be really irritating as well as depressing. Cleaning the cd or dvd should be done very carefully if you want to save them from scratches. Take a look at these tips to clean cds or dvds without spoiling them.
Tips to clean cds:
1. Check if the cd has warning signs or not. Few cds or dvds are difficult to clean and therefore check warning signs before cleaning them.
2. Always use soft cloth pieces and gently clean the cds or dvds and avoid getting scratches.
3. You can also use wet paper towels to clean dirt from cds or dvds. Be gentle while rubbing the paper towel on the inner and outer edge.
4. For weekly cleaning, use dry cloth piece to remove dirt from the cds.
5. To remove scratches from the cd or dvd, use toothpaste. Use a soft brush/cotton ball to clean and remove the scratches from the inner edge of the cd or dvd.
6. If the dvd or cd is greasy or sticky, use baby shampoo. Mix baby shampoo in lukewarm water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and clean the cd or dvd. Dry with clean cotton piece.
7. Often cds get fingerprints on the inner edge. To clean such stains, add few drops of alcohol or methanol and rub on the cd.
8. Instead of cleaning with tap water, prefer mineral water. Tap water has more salt which can spoil the cd or dvd.
Try these tips to clean cds or dvds at home and prevent them from getting scratches.